At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN EDEN, TX
Note - All employees and contractors for Polaris Industries may and/or will have access to Sensitive, Proprietary, Confidential and/or Public data. As such, all employees and contractors will have ownership and responsibility to report any violations to the Confidentiality and Integrity of Sensitive, Proprietary, Confidential and/or Public data at all times. Violations to Polaris Industries policy related to the Confidentiality or Integrity of data may be subject to disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be familiar with the operation of Polaris recreational vehicles.
- Have basic repair and working knowledge on all areas of Polaris recreational vehicles. Strong mechanical background is a plus.
- Personally operate and evaluate test vehicles according to established safety, durability and performance standards.
- Gather pertinent data on the performance of the product based on the field environment.
- Complete daily logs & field data acquisition in the web based system on a daily basis.
- Create a proper test environment. Provide evaluation and feedback on any project whether on existing or prototype models.
- Must have digital photos skills to label & download into a specific location.
- Analyze test data and make recommendations for change. Perform specific tests and make recommendations for design changes in areas of field problems, design improvements, cost reduction, performance, etc.
- Must be willing to accept assignment changes and maintain a positive attitude toward change.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices insuring all OSHA requirements are met. Provides for a safe working environment.
- Ability to safely operate offroad vehicles at high speeds and for extended periods of time.
- Ability to safely operate offroad vehicles in extreme conditions. ie: testing course, weather conditions, etc.
- Willing to test remote for extended periods in USA & Canada.
- Performs other assignments as requested.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & REQUIREMENTS
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Additional advanced riding certifications preferred. Must be willing to obtain certifications upon employment with Polaris Industries.
- High School diploma required.
- Vocational training in mechanical, electrical and computer related fields preferred.
- High mechanical aptitude a must.
- Proficient computer skills Data acquisition equipment experience a plus and preferred.
- Welding, engine knowledge and fabrication abilities a plus.
- Must be a self-starter and complete projects without continual supervision. Ambitious and “can do” attitude.
- Must have high values in ethics, integrity & confidentiality.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.