At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Packaging Engineer will facilitate packaging related activities to ensure efficient delivery of materials and to improve the product flow along the supply chain. Convert wood and corrugated packaging to plastic and returnable containers to reduce costs and improve operational efficiencies. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently, and accurately to maintain and improve the performance. Provide leadership that embodies our Polaris Production System principles. Demonstrate the company s core values of customer focus, accountability, innovation, team player, and leadership as top required for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure & Plan key activities to meet related Plant Metric Goals and visit the plant warehouse and/or production floor regularly to ensure required and efficient packaging handling processes.
- Continually research new packaging technology solutions to improve the supply chain. Complete cost studies, capital improvement budget projects and forecasting packaging costs. Support activities associated with new packaging/labeling requirements in Monterrey Plant. Resolve package reliability issues with thorough knowledge in the hole assembly processes.
- Provide technical expertise in the areas of design, development, and testing of new packaging components, systems, and processes.
- Provide data mining and remediation of Quality documentation to support MTY Packaging Policy.
- Lead projects pertaining to packaging testing and qualification MTY Warehouse compatibility, right size customization. Develop package testing plans and interprets results as required for packaging projects.
- Provides troubleshooting in the resolution of packaging related issues Participate in process improvement or task teams.
- Determine and coordinate physical testing to ensure product and package integrity.
- Participate and provide technical expertise for risk assessment and compliance assurance programs.
- Support new product development by working with sourcing and engineering to define best packaging options to ensure successful project development and execution.
- Ability to develop, launch and validate projects simultaneously.
- Utilize technical and project experience to add to the Polaris Production System and Polaris to drive continuous improvement throughout the organization and company.
- Deliver guidance, and training for material tech and cross-functional team members about packaging policy and process.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Mechanical/Industrial Engineering or Industrial Design Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience on related positions & Knowledge of MRP systems
- Advanced MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint) & Design Software (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.) desired.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills Ability to manage and be efficient with multiple tasks
- Proficient English Language skills are preferred.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.