At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE (Minimum requirements to apply):
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2- Year technical degree preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, & Outlook.
- Must be willing to travel for training.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Capable of electrical trouble shooting.
- Detail orientated.
- Prior programming experience preferred.
- Experience as a Robot Editor/Programmer with basic programming. (Yaskawa Motoman preferred)
- Understand and be capable of programming coordinated motion programs.
- Capable of providing recommendations for support of capital projects for new robot systems.
- Advance understanding of welding processes and variables (i.e. Weld amperage, voltage and travel speed)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide manufacturing support for operations and planners in the area of welding process development.
- Communicate with counterpart on other shifts.
- Know how to operate and set up a complete robot welding cell.
- Oversee robot programming activities of upcoming products.
- Responsible for maintenance of the robot systems. Coordinate troubleshooting activities with maintenance and robot suppliers to resolve issues with robotic and mechanized processes.
- Support and maintain robotic data collection for troubleshooting, keep accurate day to day maintenance log of robot systems.
- Oversee training of editors and operators across all shifts.
- Provide cross functional robotic support to other Polaris plants.
- Design and implement programs and tests for all robotic machines.
- Assist supervisors in monitoring quality of robot.
- Lead quality improvement projects within welding to analyze and interpret best course of action for improvement.
- Troubleshoot any machine variances to maintain product quality.
- Maintain OSHA compliance and corporate safety standards within the department and company.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and updating SOPs and other process related activities.
- Flexible hours.
- Understand and implement “Time Studies” in regards to robot cycle time and cell flow.
- Miscellaneous duties as required.
Polaris Huntsville Internal Promotion / Transfer Requirements:
- New Hires must have 1 year Continuous Service from Polaris Hire Date
- 6 Months Between Department Transfers or Promotions
- No Active Corrective Actions
- 3 or Less Attendance Occurrences in each Attendance Category
- Must have received a 'Meets Expectation' in most recent performance review, if applicable.
- Resume Required
- Interview Required
- If selected for the position, you are required to move into the position upon the effective date. If you are no longer interested in the position, you must withdraw prior to an offer being presented.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.