At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris is seeking an energetic self-starter with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills for its newly created EHS&S and Sustainability Analyst role. The individual in this role will work with our global businesses and corporate EHS&S team members, to develop systems that track and report key EHS&S and Sustainability metrics. The Data Analyst is responsible for conducting analysis, working with internal customers to understand requirements, and developing workflows/dashboards/apps in support of this effort. You are passionate about helping others solve business problems through data and enjoy taking complex sources and logic and developing solutions that are simple for others to use. The individual selected for this role will report to the Senior Manager Environmental Compliance and Sustainability.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for coordination with internal stakeholders to develop, implement and manage ongoing globally standardized environmental sustainability dataset
- Designs and develops automated and semi-automated reporting solutions to monitor EHS and sustainability metrics including:
- Energy Efficiency Analysis - review and compute a facility's end use analysis; calculate projected energy savings; analyze properties within the portfolio for trends and anomalies in energy consumption.
- Develop tools to normalize energy use for each facility to account for variations in production, seasonality and headcount.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions - assist with the annual preparation of the Greenhouse Gas Inventory including data management and calculating GHG emissions.
- VOC Emissions – assist with annual preparation of VOC emissions from our facilities
- Waste Tracking- analyze waste, recycling and water use trends to calculate costs and savings.
- Tracks and reports key metrics aligned to sustainability strategy and business goals to ensure the value and progress is transparent to internal and external stakeholders
- Updates and automates monthly, quarterly and annual reports to support communication of EHS and sustainability performance
- Analyzes data and processes to provide recommended improvements to EHS and sustainability metrics & processes
- Supports cross-functionally teams to perform risk analyses and develop mitigation strategies to improve EHS&S and Resource Efficiency performance
- Identifies opportunities to optimize reporting and lead process improvements
- Participates in cross-functional team to support execution of Compliance and Sustainability projects
- Maintains completeness and accuracy of EHS&S and sustainability data management systems to ensure consistency and accuracy of reporting
- Ensure detailed investigation of significant variances are undertaken to ensure root cause is well understood and communicated.
- Evaluates impact of potential acquisitions and growth plans to our ESG goals
- Business analytics, special projects and other functions as required
- Help coordinate energy and sustainability initiatives, monitor compliance, analyze, and communicate progress
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications - Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
- EHS&S, sustainability or operations experience
- Experience with ESG reporting and ratings frameworks
- Project management experience leading cross-functional teams
- Competent in advanced Excel, data extracts, Microsoft Power BI, and large database management
- Strong knowledge of statistical methods and predictive/analytical modeling techniquest
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Good people relations, able to work independently with good administrative and time management skills
- Must be able to perform detailed, careful work, including proofreading of numerical values, equations, etc.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.