At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
JOB SUMMARY: Executes Electric Powertrain design and development programs from concept to production to achieve program objectives within a specified time schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the guidance of a program manager, manages simultaneous programs that are 1-2 years in length
- Leads cross-functional Electric Powertrain program team(s) to meet project schedule, cost, quality, durability, performance and reliability requirements; responsible for the overall success of the program
- Directs the Electric Powertrain program using the Polaris Development Process (PDP), ensuring that all requirements are clearly defined, documented, and achieved; ability to learn how to manage programs through a gated process
- Accountable for the key decisions that drive the program objectives and metrics
- Leads the assigned Electric Powertrain team to develop new product features and improved processes;
- Collaborate with suppliers to use their design expertise where appropriate
- Monitors the manufacturing, quality, and purchasing activities on the team to provide seamless coordination and issue resolution between all team members; support accessory and service part planning and execution
- Collaborates with technical leads to analyze problems and recommend possible solutions Monitors resources and task assignments within the team; coordinates issue resolution with Program Leader or functional managers
- Motivates the entire team and others affecting the program's success
- Provides technical support for promotional materials, sales and marketing information, and service publications.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- BS Engineering Degree required 5 or more years of program leadership or engineering project leadership experience, in similar industry; strong technical background, ideally in powertrains and/or electric powertrains
- Familiarity with project management tools and methodologies
- Good written and oral interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage by influence
- Demonstrated ability to form business inter-relationships with peers across the organization
- Decisive and prone to action; must be quality-oriented and customer focused
- Strong project planning, organizing, and administrative skills.
- Understands how program objectives, tools, and resources relate cross-functionally; ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude
- Dynamic and fast paced office environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.