At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Responsible for performing activities concerned with the development, testing and manufacture of Powertrain and chassis wiring systems and electrical components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Studies requirements and then assists in the design and prototyping of wiring harness for Polaris vehicles.
- Tests and troubleshoots vehicle electrical systems, electrical and electronic components.
- Designs and builds electrical test fixtures.
- Works with QA and manufacturing to assure the quality and manufacturability of wiring harnesses and components.
- May help develop manufacturing assembly documentation.
- Works with engineers, manufacturing, and service personnel to develop support information related to vehicle electrical systems.
- Performs other miscellaneous development assignments as requested.
- Occasional travel domestic/international may be required.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Two-year technical degree preferred.
- Familiarity with vehicle wiring and electrical functions required.
- Strong computer skills.
- Hands on experience in wiring and troubleshooting vehicle electrical systems.
- Must be able to read electrical schematics.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Fast-paced lab/field/office environment. May require some domestic and international travel, sometimes for extended periods of time.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.