At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Manager or Senior Manager – Ranger Program Management
Highly motivated, self-starter that leads, directs and monitors Ranger vehicle projects from concept to production. Cost management, schedule adherence, and achieving the project objectives are key deliverables. This includes BOM cost and budget management and tracking, scheduling and executing pre-production vehicle builds, critical reviews, and start of production, and ensuring the vehicles are meeting the performance and quality goals set forth at the beginning of the program. Effectively leading and motivating direct reports and influencing a cross functional team is also paramount.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead cross-functional program teams to meet project schedule, cost, quality, durability, performance and reliability requirements. Responsible for the overall success of the program.
- Direct the program using the Polaris Development Process (PDP), ensuring that all requirements are clearly defined, documented, and achieved. Work cross functionally with stakeholders to drive critical decisions and approvals
- Ability to work up and down and across the organization in order to achieve the project’s results.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate to executive level leaders regarding program status, key issues, and mitigation plans.
- Manage the assigned team to develop new product features, innovative approaches, breakthrough technologies, and improved processes. Collaborate with suppliers to use their design expertise where appropriate.
- Monitor and manage the manufacturing, quality, and purchasing resources and activities on the team, to provide seamless coordination and issue resolution between all team members. Support accessory and service part planning and execution.
- Participate in field development testing as required; analyzes field problems, warranty and production issues and recommends or facilities possible solutions as required.
- Allocate and monitor resources and task assignments within the team. Coordinate issue resolution with functional managers.
- Motivate the entire team and others affecting the program's success.
- Own and track project and program finances including labor tooling and expenses. Assist functional managers to plan budgets and manpower forecasts.
- Provide technical support for promotional materials, sales and marketing information, and service publications.
- May typically lead a large program or multiple smaller programs.
- May directly supervise Project and Sr. Project Engineers depending on project and program scopes assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- BS Engineering Degree required, MS or MBA a preferred
- 8 or more years of program leadership, project management or engineering project/design leadership experience, in similar industry. Strong technical background.
- Strong leadership skills and ability. Outstanding oral and written communication skills. Comfortable presenting to and interacting with senior leadership and executives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.
- Demonstrated ability to form business inter-relationships with supporting managers, leaders, and staff. Decisive and prone to action. Must be Quality-oriented and customer focused.
- Excellent project planning, organizing, and administrative skills. Understands how program objectives, tools, and resources relate cross-functionally.
- Riding experience and/or interest in Recreational Vehicles.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- Sincere desire to exceed customers’ expectations.
- Up to 20% travel is associated with this role.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.