At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As a Sourcing Lead, you will be responsible for supporting the strategy development and implementation for assigned indirect categories in alignment with the overall Indirect Strategy. You will manage the supply base to ensure that all suppliers meet our four priorities: Delivery, Quality, New Product Integration, and Cost Competitiveness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES :
What You Will Do:
- Identifies, develops, and implements Indirect Sourcing strategies to reduce Total Cost of Ownership, mitigate headwinds, and improve security of supply.
- Provides leadership, coaching and feedback on the Total Cost of Ownership (RFP, RFI, RFQ) sourcing process to build capability and mature practices across a global team.
- Effectively communicates strategies, results, and metrics to senior leadership.
- Develops contract strategies and effectively negotiates key commercial and supply positions for to the benefit of Polaris business requirements and goals.
- Stays abreast of industry trends for Indirect Sourcing categories. Provides guidance and recommendations to Business Units to support margin and top line growth.
- Effectively implements strategic supplier strategies and initiatives to achieve maximum value.
- Develops, aligns, and drives strategic projects to improve Indirect Sourcing processes, tools, and efficiencies.
- Leads, coaches, and develops cross functional teams to ensure strong performance and build high performing teams.
- Manage assigned and establish new supplier relationships to ensure sufficient communication and alignment between the suppliers and Polaris. Negotiate and execute Service Agreements and Statements of Work.
- Initiate request for proposal and quote for new sourcing events and/or projects with the approved suppliers identified.
- Leverage size and scale of the supply base in each category of spend.
- Rationalize the supply base within the category of spend.
- Identify and execute the implementation of VIP projects.
- Manage projects through our (6) step indirect process as required.
Category or GBU Strategy:
- Execute on the multi-year vision for the indirect category or GBU strategy, taking into account input from the internal customers, purchasing goals, risk, future growth plans, and broader supply chain strategy.
Sourcing Priority Management:
- Based on the category strategy and goals, establish individual supplier cost reduction approaches and quantifiable targets. Then work with suppliers to achieve those targets.
- Utilize tools like fact-based negotiation, industry benchmarking, and competitive market analysis to initiate cost reduction projects.
- Establish contractual commitments to ensure longer-term cost savings to meet departmental goals.
- Capable of managing multiple projects at one time.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sourcing, Supply Chain, Business, Finance, or related field
- PMP desired.
- 5+ years of indirect sourcing, project management or relevant experience
- Strong communication skills with experience communicating within team, cross-functionally and executives.
- Experience with structuring and leading complex negotiations with suppliers
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Effective negotiation, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized and effective in managing multiple projects, priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to professionally represent Polaris by developing productive working relationships with suppliers.
- Capable of reading and interpreting engineering documentation and technical data.
- Fundamental knowledge of web-based business systems desired.
- Experienced in presentation abilities, including PowerPoint development. Expected to present to leadership
- Knowledge of Project Management tools and ability to assist in tasks assigned by Project Managers.
- Fast-paced office environment.
- 5-25% travel may be required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.