At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The ORV (Off-Road Vehicle) Electrical Systems Engineer will support investigating potential field product quality issues related to electrical/electronic systems, identify root causes, develop corrective actions, and translate learnings into the development of improved engineering requirements. This role will be responsible for developing critical electrical requirements along with system safety in electric propulsion.
- Support team responsible for monitoring and developing corrective actions for electrical field performance topics
- Partner with adjacent functions (manufacturing, sourcing, post-sales surveillance, supplier quality, etc.) to drive and deliver timely corrective actions
- Collect, leverage, and integrate field learnings for the development of new or enhanced engineering requirements
- Coordinate system safety process across multiple functional teams
- Support development of ORV electrical critical requirements
- Work directly with design team on routed system CAD development
- Work with test & validation team to support DVP&R execution for corrective actions
- Provide electrical and software related guidance to Polaris Technical Service Teams.
- Ensure all learnings are communicated across ORV and peer teams to be captured in technical documentation (requirements, design standards, specifications)
- Support and partner with the legal team for product liability and litigation activities
Skills / Knowledge Required to be Successful in the role:
- B.S. degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, or Systems Engineering required
- 3+ years of Engineering, Product, and Technology Development experience required
- Experience writing, developing, and managing system and component level requirements
- Experience with functional safety standards methodologies & concepts
- Analog and digital circuit analysis and design
- Experience with quality tools such as FTA, DFMEA
- Passion or strong interest in Off-Road vehicles
- Quality and customer-focused
- Experience in full product lifecycle for electrical and electronic control systems
- Familiarity with worldwide requirements, regulations, and compliance standards to guide the development of internal requirements for the off-road market
- Familiarity with CAN tools such as CANalyzer or ETAS INCA
- Must be able to effectively lead cross-functional teams, both internally and externally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable presenting to all levels of the organization including senior leadership
- A mix of office, shop, lab, production, and field support. Fast-paced environment
- Travel as needed based on location (10-15%)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.