At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
We are looking for a Senior Development Test Engineer supporting the Off Road Vehicle group.
In this role, you will plan, coordinate, and conduct testing for new vehicle development and issue resolution. You will lead the test and development initiatives and provide training and mentorship to the testing team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, coordinate, and execute development testing for concepts, new vehicle programs, test failure investigations, and field failure investigations
- Assign & review test requests and manage them through the corporate test system
- Apply reliability engineering principles to test design and data analysis
- Conduct testing and collect data post processing for new test development, critical project needs, and team initiatives
- Instrument vehicles to measure strain, acceleration, force, voltage, current, temps, etc.
- Record, analyze, and communicate test data
- Process data for application in lab testing, design, and issue resolution
- Create and refine documents, processes, and procedures for development of off-road products
- Manage test equipment; track inventory, stock supplies, provide tech support, maintenance, etc.
- Specify and procure new test equipment
- Train and mentor others in testing methodologies
- Ensure team is conducting the appropriate tests and have the tools to properly do their job
- Help the team with test equipment, instrumentation, and data post processing
- Maintain a clean, safe work area and meet OSHA requirements
- Ability to present self professionally and work with people outside of Polaris
- Maintain strict confidentiality
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- B.S in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering degree
- Hands-on knowledge of mechanical systems and problem solving
- Experience with data collection and data processing
- Understand reliability principles and their application to testing
- Must be capable of operating ORVs in extreme conditions
- Must be capable of driving truck with trailers (<26,000 GCVR)
- Must be capable of operating fork lifts
- Powersports experience preferred
- Must be willing to travel periodically
- Valid drivers license required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.