At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Service Field Execution Leader will be involved with the development and execution of field campaigns and post release activities such as completion monitoring, completion improvement support, and dealer visit support. This position integrates across the organization to ensure the success of field campaigns by making solid recommendations for internal and external corrective actions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works cross functionally with the entire Service Communication Execution Integrated Project Team to determine and execute the best options for corrective actions
- Assists with completing tasks relating to the Service Communication Execution process and field corrective actions
- Responsible for coordinating and documenting dealer repair procedure beta testing
- Process owner for Service FMEA (SFMEA) reviews as part of the Service Communication Execution process.
- Monitors Service Communication completion rates and results to ensure goals are being met
- Develops and executes completion rate improvement plans with internal and external resources
- Supports all aspects of dealer visits including vetting dealer visit locations, scheduling and coordinating the resources, and creating and distributing post-visit reports.
- Leads projects and cross functional teams as needed
- Participates in technical service team initiatives, problem solving and continuous improvement efforts
- Exemplary leadership and project management experience
- Strong communication & presentation skills (written & oral) at all levels including Exec communications
- Effective decision-making, problem solving and negotiating skills
- Strong ability to methodically evaluate complex problems and provide strong recommendations for resolution
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to work under pressure individually or in a team environment
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Business Management, Industrial Science or related field required
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Strong product and industry knowledge including dealer service operation
- General office environment
- Heavy workload during field campaigns
- Up to 20% travel
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.