At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Dealer Support team is made up of dedicated employees providing the highest level of partnership to our Polaris dealer network. The goal for the team is to foster business relationships, build rapport and trust with Polaris dealers and industry partners. The team is responsible for providing industry-leading support for all Polaris product lines and a vast array of business functions within and outside of Polaris.
The Dealer Support Specialist is responsible for understanding what support a dealer needs, educating dealers about options and pursuing solutions. Team members are highly skilled at leveraging Polaris internal resources to drive positive outcomes and exceed the expectations of our dealer partners and end users.
Each team member is responsible for injecting the voice of the dealer, and ultimately the customer, to Polaris employees. Each interaction with a dealer presents the opportunity to understand the impact internal decisions have in the field. Specialists work to bring awareness to opportunities within Polaris and partner with business units to drive both short- and long-term solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Dealer Contact Ownership:
- Provide solutions to Polaris dealership staff who need support for a variety of products, systems and programs.
- Demonstrate expertise to dealership personnel through coaching and recommendations to foster productivity, profitability and outstanding customer experience
- Work with a sense of urgency for all contacts and set clear guidelines on anticipated resolution for issues that require follow up
- Demonstrate mastery of a multitude of Polaris internal systems, dealership resources and 3rd party vendors to drive solutions
- Tailor communication style to audience, understanding the priorities of dealership staff at all levels as well as internal Polaris staff
- Understand internal measurements and metrics for success, ensuring that each contact meets or exceeds those measurements and understand how they impact the dealer
- Display forward thinking in how you propose solutions, focusing on long- and short-term business objectives and definitions of success
- Act as a subject matter expert for a designated product line or business unit within Polaris. Support representatives within the Dealer Support team with associated questions or issues
- Act as the voice of the dealer for your area of expertise and provide council to appropriate business units within Polaris
- Facilitate problem solving, research, and dispute resolution between Polaris dealers, the Dealer Services team and internal Polaris departments
- Participate in the resolution of escalations initiated within Polaris that involve dealers our industry partners.
- Provide insight on solutions and demonstrate creative thinking to ultimately bring resolution
Data Analysis and Insights/Lean Improvement:
- Possess critical thinking to resolve dealer/partner concerns, proactively identify process/people issues and drive action plans internally to minimize process disruption
- Use modern data analytics tools to identify collective data trends, reduce data wrangling efforts, promote best practices and share the voice of the dealer throughout the organization. Utilize data to break down internal silos and promote standardization
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate's Degree with equivalent working experience is required
- Minimum of 2+ years B2B or B2C experience
- Powersports, or automotive dealership experience preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills with a commitment to meet or exceed service level promise
- High level of curiosity and ability to grasp a wide variety of topics encompassing all aspects of the Polaris business
- Strong desire to deliver industry-leading support and build strong relationships with dealership staff at all levels
- Critical thinking skills to work in a grey-area role
- Strong prioritization skills and consistent follow-through
- Effectively communicate across all levels including senior leadership
- Excellent verbal and written skills, ability to understand audience and articulate thoughts and ideas.
- Team player – act as a liaison between internal departments and bridge communication gaps
- Current knowledge of software and applications – Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite of products, and SharePoint
- CRM, Showcase, AS400, Alteryx, Power BI, Alation experience a plus
- Corporate office and shop environments – fast-paced and dynamic
- A majority of time is spent working directly with Polaris dealers, via phone and electronic communication
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.