At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As a Vehicle Control Systems Engineer in the Motorcycle Team, you will be responsible for leading the design, integration, and validation of Motorcycle control systems and components from concept to production to meet the needs of multiple vehicle platforms and derivatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Focuses on control strategies and integration of electronic controllers and components to Motorcycle-specific platforms for systems such as Vehicle Control Modules, Powertrain Controllers, Brake Controllers, Infotainment, Wireless Control Modules, and other subsystems or components
- Responsible for translating business and digital design requirements into vehicle-level control system requirements and documentation that accurately reflect the needs and wants of the business while also accounting for the defined system constraints, and that can be distributed across cross-functional development teams
- Support the MC Control Systems Team in design and development of models and simulations of Motorcycle control system architectures
- Develops new system simulation frameworks, expanding tool capabilities and automating toolsets
- Focuses on platform-based strategy designs that meet both the immediate needs of the business unit as well as the perceived or real future needs of Polaris
- Participate or leads design reviews and responsible for ensuring the control system design meets electrical system requirements
- Interfaces, and guides cross-functional teams as needed to assist with component/module development, ensuring overall technical execution is meeting program expectations
- As applicable, ensure system design practices incorporate process improvements to align with Functional Safety goals/standards (May include leading/participating in Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessments (HARA), Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis (DFMEA), and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), etc.)
- Support test team to develop, document, & execute system & vehicle-level validation plans/procedures and resolution of issues found
- Performs root-cause analysis and troubleshooting of vehicle controls systems when issues arise
- Other duties as required
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- B.S. or higher in Electrical, Software, Controls, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years work experience in an engineering or control systems position
- Experience with design and/or implementation of controls, especially related to vehicle controls/diagnostics/communications required
- Experience in Matlab, Simulink, and Stateflow required. Experience in Mathworks Systems Composer preferred
- Experience with complex vehicle architectures of integrated controllers
- Experience with vehicle communication networks required; Classic CAN with 1939 and/or UDS preferred, CANFD and Ethernet a bonus
- Hands on experience using electrical/software test and analysis equipment
Experience with 2-wheel vehicles
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.