At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
JOB SUMMARY :
The job requires a candidate with a background in vehicle electronics. The ideal candidate would be proficient at leading electrical component product development and integration for off-road vehicles. The candidate will develop, define, and oversee implementation of new electrical component projects in accordance with the Polaris Development Process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
Develops and defines precise, thorough specifications for new electrical component and electrical system development projects (in accordance with the Polaris Development Process). Conducts and assists with DFMEA and HARA activity on new components Assists in developing and executing DVP&Rs Designs cost effective/reliable electrical systems needed to deliver future model year projects. Makes recommendations to electrical designers on vehicle modeling and component placement. Addresses and resolves field and warranty issues. Supports vehicle development builds. Develops project schedules for electrical system development. Helps develop test plans for new electrical components. Supports the Technical Service Department. Assists the Purchasing and Quality Departments in evaluating vendors, and working with vendors, providing engineering support for all electrical systems. Employs project management techniques (including project schedules, change management, risk management, etc.) throughout development efforts.
- B.E. / B. Tech. in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Experience with electronic and electromechanical component design
- Experience with and understanding of digital and analog circuit design and their associated interfaces
- Basic understanding of embedded software and hardware/software interactions
- 3 to 6 years of experience in automotive, agricultural, or power sports electrical system development preferred.
- Hands-on electrical and mechanical development experience a plus.
- Related design experience using an advanced CAD software (Creo, CATIA, NX)
- Ability to handle multiple programs at the same time in a fast-paced environment.
- Power sports or similar riding background desirable.
- Proficient in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Interpersonally capable of influencing others regardless of reporting structure
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with domestic and international technology partners.
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint experience required.
- Fast paced office environment.
- Flexible hours may be required to participate in meetings with global team.
- International Travel to United States may be required (less than 10%)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.