Required Tools and Supplies
- Eye Protection
- Shop Rags
- Nitrile Gloves
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RANGER.
To clean or replace the air filter on your RANGER XD 1500, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface and ensure it is in PARK.
2. Tilt the rear cargo box to access the airbox.
3. Wipe the area around the airbox.
4. Release the six airbox cover latches and remove the cover.
5. Clean and inspect the airbox cover seal, replace if necessary. A replacement seal is part number 5815092.
6. Remove the air filter.
7. Inspect the airbox for oil or water deposits. Wipe away any deposits with a clean shop towel. Caution: If the filter has been soaked with fuel or oil, it must be replaced. Do not attempt to clean the air filter. A new air filter is part number 7082115.
8. Place the air filter into the airbox and reposition the airbox cover and install the six retaining latches. Note: Make sure the airbox cover is properly seated when reassembling the airbox.
9. If equipped, the air filter service indicator is located next to the vehicles airbox intake tube. The indicator displays a visual representation of the air filter condition. Three colors will be shown: Red = Service now, Yellow = Service soon, Green = Filter is good. To reset the indicator, turn the top of the indicator back to green.
10. Lower the cargo bed.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2024 Polaris Industries Inc.