This video goes over the installation of the Kolpin Stronghold Auto-Latch Mount (part number 2889526-458).
Required Tools and Supplies
- 5mm Allen Socket
- 15mm Socket
- 14mm Wrench
- Torque Wrench
- Shop Rags
- Nitrile Gloves
- Eye Protection
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when installing accessories on your Polaris XPEDITION.
To install the Kolpin Stronghold Rail Mount Kit on your Polaris XPEDITION, follow these steps.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure it is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Take the latching assemblies and bracket and remove the two screws from the bottom of the latching assembly.
3. Install the latching assembly into the opening of the compatible accessory. Repeat on the other side, and torque to 44 in-lbs (5 Nm).
4. Attach the assembly to the crossbar platform through the port openings to the desired position and fasten bolts. Note: Make sure slide lock feet are clear of port openings before locking it into place.
5. Install the Kolpin Stronghold mount to the bracket with two flange head hex screws and two hex nuts. Begin by tightening and then torque to 37 ft-lbs (50 Nm) with a 14mm socket and 15mm socket. Note: The angle of the mount can be changed by loosening the screws and repositioning along the slots.
6. To install the gun boot, slide the gun boot into the mount until the mount locks.
7. To remove the gun boot, press down on the lever to release the gun boot.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.