Required Tools and Supplies
- 8mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Driven Clutch Spreader Tool
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your vehicle. To inspect and replace the drive belt on your RZR Turbo R, follow these steps:
Warning: Drive belt maintenance should only be performed after the vehicle has completely cooled.
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure it is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Clean any dirt or debris from the engine compartment.
3. Loosen both hose clamp fasteners in the left rear wheel well on the PVT duct with an 8mm socket.
4. Pull the hose off the intake and drive belt cover and set the hose aside.
5. Loosen the fifteen clutch cover fasteners with an 8mm socket, but do not remove them from the cover.
6. Pull the cover out and pivot out of the wheel well.
7. Inspect the cover seal for wear or damage and replace if necessary.
8. Take note of the drive belt direction of rotation. The belt must be installed in the same direction if reusing.
9. Remove the driven clutch spreader tool from the clutch cover and thread into the driven clutch to spread the sheaves.
10. Carefully walk the belt off the driven clutch and remove from the drive clutch.
11. Inspect the belt for any fraying, hour-glassing, loose cords, missing cogs, abrasions, burns or damage, and replace if needed. A new belt is part number 3211202.
12. Clean out the inside of the clutch covers thoroughly and ensure the all debris wrapped around the PVT and debris in the entire clutch air duct passage is removed. Any sign of oil leaks indicates that debris may be trapped behind the clutches. Tip: A mobile device can be used to see behind the clutches.
13. If replacing the belt, ensure the part number on the belt is facing outwards when installed.
14. Loop the belt over the drive clutch and begin to walk it over the driven clutch sheave.
15. Remove the clutch spreader tool from the driven clutch.
16. Rotate the driven clutch clockwise five to seven times to help seat the belt on the sheaves.
17. Reinstall the clutch cover by pivoting in through the wheel well.
18. Align the mounting holes while ensuring the cover seal hasn’t shifted out of its groove.
19. Once in place, reinstall the fifteen cover fasteners, and torque to 53 in-lbs (6 Nm).
20. Attach the PVT duct to the intake and the drive belt cover.
21. Finally, torque the hose clamp fasteners to 27 in-lbs (3 Nm).
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.