Tools and Supplies Required:
- 8mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Driven Clutch Spreader Tool
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RZR. Note that drive belt maintenance should only be performed after the vehicle has completely cooled.
To inspect and replace the drive belt on your model year 2021 and newer RZR Trail S 1000, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface and ensure it is in PARK.
2. Before removing the belt, pull out on the access panel between the seats and remove.
3. Clean any dirt or debris from the clutch debris basket and engine compartment.
4. Align the retention tabs on the access panel and press firmly on the bottom to secure.
5. Move to the left rear wheel well. Use an 8mm socket to loosen and remove the hose from the clutch cover. Position the hose out of the way.
6. Remove the clutch cover fasteners with an 8mm socket.
7. Pull the cover out and work around the driven clutch and frame rail. Then maneuver over the A-arm and pivot the cover down to remove it from the wheel well.
8. Inspect the cover seal for wear or damage, and replace if necessary. The seal is part number 5526449.
9. Before continuing, take note of the drive belt direction of rotation. The belt must be reinstalled in the same direction if reusing.
10. Insert the clutch spreader tool provided with your tool kit into the driven clutch sheave, and press in to spread the sheaves.
11. Work the belt off the driven clutch while continuing to spread the sheaves as needed.
12. Inspect the belt for any fraying, hourglassing, loose cords, missing cogs, abrasions, burns or damage. Replace if needed. The belt is part number 3211180.
13. Clean out the inside of the clutch covers thoroughly.
14. If replacing the belt, ensure the part number on the belt is facing outward when installed.
15. Loop the belt over the drive clutch and begin working it over the driven clutch sheave, spreading the sheave as needed with the spreader tool.
16. Rotate the clutch five to seven times to help seat the belt on the sheaves.
17. Reinstall the clutch cover by maneuvering around the frame and over the drive clutch.
18. Pivot over the A-arm and align the mounting holes while ensuring the cover seal hasn’t shifted out of its groove.
19. Once in place, reinstall the cover fasteners. Torque to 60 in-lbs (7 Nm).
20. Reinstall the hose to the clutch cover. Torque the clamp to 35 in-lbs (4 Nm).
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
More maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
WALKER EVANS RACING® is a registered trademark of Walk Evans Enterprises Incorporated
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Inc.