At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Sr. Materials Manager is a strategic business partner to the Plant Director and integral role in the leadership team in the Huntsville, AL manufacturing facility. The Materials Manager is responsible for the overall control & movement of materials in and out of the plant. The Materials Manager will be responsible for inventory and receiving control processes and procedures, inbound and outbound shipping, warehousing, and facility planner organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership and direction to facility materials and warehouse organization.
- Ensure adherence to inventory compliance, receiving, and shipping policies and procedures. Work with other Polaris sites to develop consistent policies and procedures.
- Continually improve performance and service to manufacturing and attain Corporate and Plant goals.
- Support flexible & lean manufacturing methods. Supply the guidance and maturity of Polaris Production Systems Material pull systems throughout manufacturing and with our supplier base.
- Develop methods and policies that contribute to the most efficient, safe and economical movement of materials throughout manufacturing.
- Evaluate manufacturing planning software and recommend improvements.
- Plan and organize material handling/warehouse/shipping functions to best utilize resources. Assess training needs and drive for continuous skill improvement in the department.
- Participate in the management of the Central Planning Group in conjunction with the Materials Managers from the other sites.
- Participate in preparation of annual forecasts and establish future pre-production plans.
- Collaborate with Purchasing to continually improve supply chain management.
- Ensure a high fill rate for Poland supplied service parts.
- Establish and manage departmental budget and assist in the development of long range plant goals and objectives.
- Participates with Engineering on new product development.
- Develop and present monthly metrics
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
- 7+ years previous materials management experience
- Demonstrated people leadership experience
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing processes
- Outstanding leadership, influence, and communication skills.
- Warehouse Management Systems Knowledge a plus
- APICS certification a plus.
• Office and manufacturing environment. Some travel (<10%) required.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.