At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Engineer specializing in engineered routing solutions for On-Road vehicles. In this role, you will guide design engineers in the routing of brake lines, fuel lines, electrical harnesses, and similar to ensure consistent, high quality designs across multiple platforms and global manufacturing facilities. You will collaborate with other Routing Integration Engineers in the development and maintenance of engineering routing standards and best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead development of routings for multiple systems for On-Road Vehicles to meet/exceed customer expectations and ensure increased profitability and market share.
- Own creation and maintenance of Engineering Routing Documents (ERD) for all On-Road products.
- Guide design engineers in developing optimal routings that reduce mass and volume, minimize NVH (Noise, Vibration, Harshness), and prevent possibility of damage due to moisture and thermal/mechanical proximity.
- Work closely with Vehicle Architects, project teams, and other stakeholders to define goals and product specifications. Navigate early project definition ambiguity to be effective in early engineering activities.
- Lead and participate in routing design reviews. Present results of assessments during sub-system and routing design reviews.
- Represent On-Road engineering in routing peer team meetings and FMEA meetings.
- Support presentations in key design gate meetings.
- Develop and maintain routing engineering standards, specifications and lessons learned. Communicate updates to project and systems teams, Routing Integration Engineers, and other stakeholders.
- Support design and manufacturing with problem resolution and assembly-friendly new product designs.
- Support pre-production builds at multiple manufacturing facilities to ensure adherence to ERD.
- Work with domestic and international manufacturing sites to ensure routing process documentation is up to date, accurate, and commonized.
- Work in partnership with appropriate Test Engineers on development & correlation of improved test methods for owned systems.
- Provide vehicle routing technical support to the product development team.
- Benchmark tools and processes related to system routings and propose integration within engineering.
- Evaluate and analyze field issues on existing product, recommend and execute timely solutions.
- Lead off-site supporting Routing Integration Engineers.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or equivalent required.
- 4+ years of experience with a 3-D CAD modeling package and/or 3-D routing programs required, Creo Parametric / Pro Engineer preferred.
- Experience in Windchill PDM
- Experience in vehicle routings including but not limited to the following: electrical harnesses, fuel lines, coolant lines, oil lines, and HVAC.
- Experience with powersports vehicles, motorcycles preferred.
- GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups and experience with engineering standards preferred.
- Detail oriented.
- Work independently on general direction.
- Holds yourself and others to high standard of accountability.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritize workload.
- Creative, innovative, decisive and prone to action.
- Quality and customer focused.
- Possess and apply a broad knowledge of principals, practices and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of people skills, able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
- Experience in Microsoft software including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Fast paced office environment, travel as needed.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.