At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Embark on a transformative journey as the Materials Manager at Polaris’ Walker Evans production facility, where you have the opportunity to build and strengthen a team. This role is tailor-made for a visionary leader passionate about team development and process enhancement. You'll be the driving force in reshaping the sourcing, control, and movement of materials within the plant. In your hands, inventory and receiving processes, along with traffic, shipping, warehousing, and production planning, will not just be managed but revolutionized. If you're eager to create lasting change and thrive in cultivating efficiency and team cohesion in a dynamic manufacturing environment, this is your chance to make a significant impact. This role is an unparalleled opportunity for those who excel in building robust teams and improving operational processes.
- Lead and mentor a team of 12, fostering a safe and efficient work environment in all material handling and warehouse operations.
- Direct the purchasing and materials/planning organization, ensuring strategic alignment with company goals.
- Standardize and enforce inventory compliance, receiving, and shipping policies across Polaris sites.
- Oversee supplier relationships and performance, utilizing KPIs to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Drive continual performance improvement and service enhancement to support manufacturing and corporate objectives.
- Implement and support flexible manufacturing methods, including the development of pull systems in manufacturing and with suppliers.
- Develop and implement efficient, safe, and economical material movement methods within manufacturing.
- Analyze and optimize manufacturing planning processes for continuous improvement.
- Manage material handling, warehousing, and shipping functions, prioritizing resource utilization and team skill development.
- Collaborate with other Polaris Materials Managers and the Central Planning Group on overarching planning and policy matters.
- Strategic Leadership: You possess the ability to guide and inspire a team towards achieving organizational objectives, effectively balancing big-picture thinking with attention to detail.
- Operational Excellence: Your expertise in optimizing processes and workflows ensures the highest standards of efficiency, safety, and quality in all material management aspects.
- Collaborative Communication: You excel in building strong relationships, both within your team and with external partners, ensuring clear, effective communication and mutual understanding.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Materials Management within a manufacturing facility.
- At least 2 years of proven experience in people management.
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing techniques.
- Exceptional leadership, influence, and communication skills.
- APICS certification is considered an asset.
- Must be able to frequently lift or move items up to 40 lbs.
- Willingness to travel occasionally (<10%).
- Compliance with required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) standards.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.