At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform GMAW welding on carbon steel as required, meeting all quality standards and specifications.
- Inspect finished parts to ensure weld quality standards are met. Immediately report non-conformance issues to group leader and/or Supervisor.
- Rotate between workstations as assigned. This includes pilot weldments, repair work, finish welding and operation of robotic weld systems.
- Interpret blueprints and processes to follow specifications for work being performed.
- Maintain regular, reliable attendance.
- Perform quality testing and documentation as required.
- Maintain a consistent pace throughout the shift with focus on quality (i.e., within applicable quality standards).
- Team members are expected to work wherever needed based on training.
- Work in a safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations.
- Accurately complete required paperwork, including: labor reporting, move tickets, job cards, SPC charts, etc.
- Maintain a neat, clean work area.
- Complete company provided training as required.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Work overtime as required, with little or no notice, up to 12 hours.
- Operates with a sense of urgency and in the best interest of the company.
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED
- Technical or in-house certification required
- 1 plus years of industry experience
- Ability to communicate well and count accurately required.
- Ability to read and understand routings, work orders and production reports necessary.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to function both alone and in a team environment
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, turn, kneel, and squat.
- Stand and walk up to twelve hours per day with the ability to repetitively reach overhead.
- Work safely around moving equipment, power tools, and industrial vehicles.
- It may be necessary to perform any of these functions up to twelve hours a day.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.