At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris Powertrain is seeking qualified candidates to conduct testing and support roles on an afternoon & evening schedule. The standard hours of this position will be 2:00pm to 10:00pm at our Wyoming, Minnesota Product Development Facility. Upon hiring, the selected Technician will be expected to work during our first shift hours (8am to 4:30pm) for a period of up to 3 months to facilitate training in the various job duties, switching to their second shift schedule when appropriate.
A successful candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate a history of high-quality work with minimal direct supervision. They will have experience working in flexible environments, being able to identify issues and taking ownership of outcomes.
- Perform regular calibration and maintenance of test equipment.
- Monitor automated Powertrain testing.
- Troubleshoot testing issues.
- Own organizational 5S activities
- Prepare vehicles for long-term storage.
- Prepare vehicles engines for testing.
- Wiring harness modifications
As the Technician grows in experience, opportunities for performing tests on engines and vehicles will become available.
Valued Skills for this Position
- Experience with Powertrain testing
- Familiarity with test and measurement systems. Direct experience with AVL and/or Horiba test systems is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, and the ability to follow processes and procedures for equipment operation.
- Experience with data acquisition systems
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated history of high-quality work
- At least 3 years of experience as a technician in powersports, automotive, or similar environments.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Basic fabrication experience
- Ability to operate motorcycles, ATVs, and UTVs
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.