At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Leads the customer centric execution of safety, quality, cost, schedule, and performance goals for snowmobile systems specific to 2 stroke and 4 stroke engine integration systems, using the Polaris Development Process (PDP). Customer satisfaction, warranty, field issue resolution and planned change implementation are also included in this role. Must love to ride snowmobiles & win.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Saturated with consumer insights and leverage the Polaris Development Process (PDP), ensuring that all system, subsystem and component requirements are clearly defined, documented, and achieved.
- Design and develop industry leading snowmobiles focusing on systems engineering for engine integration, including (but not limited to) intake systems, throttle control systems and starting systems.
- Drives clear system specifications, owns system DFMEAs and leverages ALD for early engineering.
- Support creation and maintenance of system integration design guidelines and validation plans.
- Work with project leads, systems, development engineers and development technicians to support definition of project goals and detailed system specifications.
- Lead design reviews to ensure adequate input and involvement from all engineering and functional groups.
- Leads DFM alignment with purchasing, supplier quality, manufacturing team for owned systems
- Ability to ride snowmobiles for the purpose of field development and performance evaluation.
- Benchmark competitive designs.
- Analyze manufacturing, field problems and implement solutions.
- Provide technical support for sales and marketing information, and service publications
- Point of contact for sustaining engineering activity for engine integration components, with potential to expand to other snowmobile subsystems. Support quality, reliability, performance and cost improvement initiatives while leading countermeasures for production and supply chain challenges.
- Other duties as required.
- Riding experience and passionate interest in snowmobiles.
- B.S. in Mechanical engineering or related engineering fields.
- 3 or more years of engineering design, system engineering or project engineering experience
- Strong technical background, aptitude and ability to make trade-offs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate orally and written
- Demonstrated ability to form business inter-relationships with supporting managers, leaders, and staff.
- Decisive and prone to action, good self leadership
- Must be customer focused, detail & quality-oriented.
- Excellent project planning, organizing, and administrative skills.
- Understands how program objectives, tools, and resources relate cross-functionally.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- Sincere desire to exceed customer’s expectations.
- Dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Time split between office, shop/test labs and field
- Global travel up to 30% or more in season, potentially less in the off season
- Knows how to enjoy his/her work and have fun doing it
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.