At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
- Operates forklift to transfer molten metal from melting furnace to dosing furnace under safe metal handling practices.
- Loads scrap (gates and runners) and ingots into Melting furnace.
- Pick up full scrap hoppers from each work cell
- Maintains production rate in terms melting metal, quantity and quality assigned to the job.
- Remove finished goods from diecast operator and supply diecast operator with pallets and plywood / supplies needed in work cell.
- Understands the manufacturing and diecasting processes and makes suggestions in how to improve these processes.
- Clean furnaces every shift per manufacture’s requirements .
- Makes high quality parts to specifications and assists with the identification of root causes and corrective action for quality problems.
- Understands and follows work orders and documents. Ensures all production process
- documentation is completed and accurate. .
- Documents and communicates among shifts any actions taken (e.g., changes, concerns) on machine operations.
- Is able to maintain a balanced workload by prioritizing and maintaining, production and maintenance duties.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows specified safety procedures at all times.
- Participates in required meetings and training.
- Forklift certification
- Crane certification
2nd Shift Schedule: Mon-Thurs 4:20pm-2:50am
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Metalworking Machine Operators: 1 year (Preferred)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.