At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This position will support the backshop (Metal Paint department) on 1st shift.
Candidates must have a thorough knowledge of paint processes and position within the metal paint area with strong aptitude in mechanical, equipment operation and fabrication. Candidates must have basic knowledge of systems used to track and improve KPIs from the metal paint area. Candidate will have shown an ability to lead others on the team through various kaizan projects, internal/external projects and activates as assigned by supervisor and ME.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work w/Mfg. team to implement & support Lean initiatives, including mixed model, containerization, Idea board, 5S, One-piece flow & Value Stream Mapping exercises to name a few.
- Track & Post Dept. metrics on Supervisor board regular. Distribute information accordingly to get resolution and document.
- Work with manufacturing engineering & leads to resolve process/line issues
- Manage special projects utilizing suppliers, engineers, planners supporting department goals
- Support cell team activities and provide department metrics to teams to help focus activities
- Work closely with Mfg. engineering making recommendations for Mfg. improvements.
- Work with Tool & Die and Manufacturing Engineering to create tooling changes as needed for process improvements.
- Work closely with quality department in problem solving.
- Work closely with safety department to identify top opportunities & facilitate activities to improve our safety environment.
- Facilitate meetings towards problem resolution.
- Perform shop floor layouts on AutoCAD
- Travel availability for tooling run off at vendor
- Departmental liaison for problem solving related to department processes and tooling
- Owns and supports welding equipment and related process technology’s
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE (Minimum requirements to apply)
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Demonstrates leadership competent capabilities in current job position (supervisor reviews). Obtained Exceeds expectations in current job role
- Work with very minimal supervision while providing high level of output.
- 5-year manufacturing experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel
- Willingness to attend training as needed
- 2-year technical degree and or the following: AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Pro- E/Cero knowledge a bonus.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong understanding of information systems and controls
Note: Must be willing to travel for training
Polaris Huntsville Internal Promotion / Transfer Requirements:
- New Hires must have 1 year Continuous Service from Polaris Hire Date
- 6 Months Between Department Transfers
- No Active Corrective Actions
- 3 or Less Attendance Occurrences in each bucket (3 Tardies and 3 Absences)
- Must have received a 'Meets Expectation' in most recent performance review, if applicable.
- Resume Required
- Interview Required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.