At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Product Leader, On-Road Apparel & General Merchandise
Lead Product Assortment Planning for On-Road (Indian Motorcycle and Slingshot) Apparel & General Merchandise. Partner with Indian Motorcycle and Slingshot Brand Leaders as well as various functions (design, development, sourcing, buying, operations, sales/marketing, licensing) to deliver new apparel and general merchandise to market that meets customer expectations (features, quality, price, style) within both existing and emerging target markets. All assortment plans and new product introductions must clearly support pre-defined business and brand goals including revenue/profit targets over the next 5 years and/or brand building and brand desirability objectives. Continuously partner with the Advanced Insights & Analytics team to conduct market research with both our dealer customers and end consumers then incorporate insights into our Product Assortment Plans and Product Development Process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, benchmark & understand current and emerging demographics and trends in Powersports/Motorcycle Markets as well as the General Apparel Market
- Use this information to identify market opportunities that align with the strategic objectives of our brands and businesses
- Research, benchmark and understand strategies from endemic competitors such as Harley-Davidson as well as non-endemic companies in other marketplaces such as Outdoor Lifestyle
- Partner with our Advanced Insights & Analytics Team to insert both “voice of brand” and “voice of customer” throughout the Product Development Process
- “Voice of customer” must include both Authorized Indian Motorcycle/Slingshot Dealerships as well as End Consumers
- After gaining stakeholder alignment (Brand Partners and PG&A Organization), brief the Design and Development Team on the Assortment Plan and the new product introductions that will support that plan
- Product Briefs must include estimated annual sales volume (through dealer, eComm, other distribution channels), technical/aesthetic features, price targets, cost targets, and packaging direction (labeling, hangtags, etc.).
- Throughout the Product Development Process (while sketching and 3D prototyping), provide clear, ongoing direction to the Design & Development Team to ensure new product design is meeting the objectives in the Product Brief
- Bring key stakeholders along (Polaris Apparel Center-of-Excellence, Brand Leaders, PG&A Leaders, PG&A Sales/Marketing) and solicit their feedback at critical points prior to milestone sign-off
- Partner with sourcing, buying and operations team members to create stocking plans, set sales forecasts, manage product costs and margins vs. targets, and ensure timely product delivery into our distribution centers
- Support the sales/marketing function by briefing them on Assortment Plan and new product introductions so they can deliver robust go-to-market strategies and executions that deliver the sales plan. Keep a “4 P” mindset when supporting their strategies – Product, Price, Promotion, Place.
- Monitor customer acceptance, category/SKU sales (dealer orders plus dealer/eComm retail), and inventory levels to identify business improvement opportunities and product opportunities.
- Use these learnings to inform future Product & Operations Plans.
- Represent Polaris, the On-Road Division, and our Indian Motorcycle/Slingshot Brands as a spokesperson or product/business trainer
- Attend and present at dealer meetings, sales meetings, industry events, etc.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent required.
- 3+ years’ relevant brand, merchant, merchandiser, and/or product line management experience.
- Experience within Apparel Retail preferred.
- Strong project management and analytical skills.
- Cross-functional influencing capabilities--able to work well within a matrixed environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Excellent presentation skills. Ability to present to and persuade a wide range of audiences from Senior Management to members of the press, sales team, dealers & consumers.
- Knowledge of quantitative & qualitative market research tools and techniques. Strong customer focus.
- Standard office environment. In-office at least 3 days per week. Some travel expected (primarily throughout US & Canada but occasionally overseas).
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.