At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris, a global powersports leader, is looking for an experienced senior software engineer to build high quality Infotainment Features. This is an exciting role on the In Vehicle Infotainment team building world-class connected rider solutions. The ideal candidate possesses strong communication, problem solving, attention to detail, design, coding and testing skills, and is effective in a fast-paced Agile Development environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Understand timelines, proactively coordinate and communicate to ensure deadlines are met
- Work with Polaris team members and external vendors in multiple locations
- Collect requirements from UI/UX designers, ask clarifying questions, validate concepts and approaches
- Quickly understand hardware/architecture capabilities & limitations, identify risks and propose solutions
- Produce task breakdowns and estimates
- Write modular code that performant, high-quality, self-documenting, adheres to standards and best practices
- Write unit tests and contribute to test automation frameworks
- Provide feedback designs and code via peer reviews
- Assist with integration testing including cloud connectivity
- Produce documentation that captures assumptions and decisions and builds institutional knowledge
- Increase the team's velocity/productivity by making suggestions that eliminate waste
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical engineering or related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 6+ years of Infotainment software development experience
- 6+ years of progressive C++ development experience
- Excellent UI coding skills using Qt and QML
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills with minimal supervision •
- Experience in agile collaboration models (e.g. Scrum) with deadlines
- Tier 1 or Tier 2 automotive infotainment experience
- Excellent knowledge of compilers & debuggers for ARM-based development
- Experience implementing Linux applications and daemons
- Mastery of Linux inter-process communication techniques and best practices
- Solid understanding of Linux boot-time optimization strategies
- Experience with projection technologies (Android Auto, CarPlay)
- Experience with Android OS for infotainment/automotive
- Experience with wired (USB, Ethernet) and wireless (Bluetooth, WiFi, Cellular) communication
The salary range for Washington is $100,000 to $130,000. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills, and geography.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.