At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Responsible for full-funnel marketing strategies over our National to Local GTM plans as Polaris ORV and ensuring all integrated marketing plans enable growth in our lifestyle segments. This leader will be responsible for ensuring we are driving customer and market share growth by building inspiring brands, drive customer commitment before the dealership, and build lifetime relationships with our owners. Core marketing responsibilities include Polaris ORV Brand Management, Creative and Content Development, Paid Media Management, Social Media Management, Channel Marketing, Partnerships, and Full Funnel Heath Analysis & Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensure holistic marketing plan management and execution everyday, and that inputs are driving desired business outcomes for Polaris ORV.
Lead the development and activation of the ORV annual brand strategy in a way that is relevant for both utility and recreation audiences. Increase household penetration, generate high potential leads and increase loyalty and advocacy with the industry’s largest owner base.
- Identify and pursue growth opportunities for the business with new and core target consumers
- Responsible for leading and executing annual brand planning, brand campaign development as well as leading the team to execution for Polaris ORV and across the utility and recreation teams.
- Lead all brand building activity and execution for Polaris ORV through external partnerships, media planning and creative execution, and support lifestyle teams.
- Create and execute owner loyalty strategies to increase referral and repurchase
- Drive long range brand strategy and lead rider insight development
- Accountable for delivering monthly, quarterly, and annual retail sales and market share goals by understanding the business, root cause of issues, and ensuring right plans to attack.
Lead and Build the Brands
- Develop deep consumer empathy through insights to guide the strategic direction of the business
- Create GTM strategies and plans that support to the strategic positioning and RTB’s of Polaris ORV
- Ensure the brand architecture, voice and guidelines are applied and activated consistently across the entire business
- Ensure all teams are creating holistic, integrated plans that are rooted in the customer journey. Plans should have a clear definition of desired outcomes, and all inputs need to enable – e.g. compelling story, coupled with distribution plan, formats, etc. that enable desired outcomes.
- Lead the Strategy – Plan – Tactics on the multi-million annual digital and TV paid media plan. Ensure the plan drives strategic objectives of the division and enables specific consumer lifestyle and customer growth
- Set annual and monthly KPI targets for media performance and actively manage the plan to optimize real-time to achieve retail goals. Must have equal focus on the art and the science of the plan ensuring we are hitting needed for retail goals as well as optimizing creative for performance.
Owned Channel Management
- ORV Social- lead strategic approach to ORV social that showcases our personality as a brand in a way that attracts and engages consumers. Grow audience engagement and reach.
- Websites – continuously make it easier for customer to shop through our websites by having the right content at the right time. Transform our digital shopping experience nationally to locally in a way that maximizes shopping, but also inspires and engages consumers
- Cultivation - Lead your team to develop the annual strategy to advance the brands’ personalization and 1:1 communication approach leveraging the CRM database to drive highly targeted brand campaigns to nurture prospects and drive repurchase of existing owners
Create industry leading channel marketing plans for Polaris ORV through our dealers in collaboration with platform teams. Maximize the Polaris SOV locally by fueling our dealers to market on our behalf through channels like PFED, Turnkey Marketing, Local Events, Marketing playbooks, etc.
- Create, track and deliver marketing budgets in our respective areas to quarterly & annual commitments.
- Build flexibility to enable contingency plans for changing market conditions.
- Ensure appropriate mix of working vs. non-working spend and traditional vs. new media.
- Lead business health tracking and reporting and share in a proactive way that enables real-time
- Lead and develop a world class team to work cross functionally to support Polaris ORV growth
- Ownership for talent acquisition, training, development, leadership, vision and motivation
- Establish an operating model and environment to deliver strong team performance in a dynamic environment – fuel communication and mesh points across teams
- Coach and guide team on deliverables and decisions on a daily basis
- Build marketing functional expertise in team members, including partnership across the enterprise to develop skill sets and share best practices within the marketing function
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor Degree in Business, MBA preferred
- 8+ years marketing experience including 3+ years managerial experience
- Brand management experience preferred
- 1:1 marketing experience leverage CRM database preferred
- Experience managing external agency resources
- Proven track record of marketing expertise and successes, with experience in strategy development, competitive analysis, advertising, digital marketing, promotion and market research
- Retail experience with channel model preferred
- Strong results orientation, demonstrated ability to take action and drive results
- Outstanding leadership skills and proven ability to lead a cross-functional team
- Strong communication skills, including verbal presentations or written plans, with ability to influence and influence across and outside the organization
- Standard hybrid office environment
- Travel: Periodic
- Location – Bass Creek
This position is not eligible for sponsorship
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.