At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This role is responsible for all service activities related to the Polaris Ride Command Connected Vehicle platform and diagnostic technologies. This person will lead the cross-functional service team to ensure the dealer network is prepared to effectively service connected and telemetry-capable vehicles, track emerging telematics and diagnostic technologies, develop and maintain a service support plan, and actively participate in all new product development process (Product Development Process - PDP) activities for connected vehicles. This position works closely with the Ride Command Team and Engineering teams to introduce and deliver new connected vehicle Service and diagnostic service capabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
New product development
- Lead all aspects of service readiness and support for Polaris Connected Vehicles.
- Act as the primary point of contact with the Connected Vehicle Team to gather information, escalate concerns and continuously improve product offerings.
- Ensure the Service Engineer is an active member of all new project teams, and represent Polaris Service in all product development projects. starting at or shortly after Gate One.
- Represent the Service Department on all product development projects; provide information on new product development with regards to service
- Build, maintain, and consult on product serviceability design specifications for Polaris Connected Vehicles, diagnostic systems, and other service technologies.
- Work with Design Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing Engineering to eliminate service issues during the product design process; maintain expertise about PDP, service technologies, and manufacturing processes, quality processes, and the design processes.
- Provide input to for customer- and dealership-facing publications materials.owner’s manuals, service manuals, and other product technical resources such as dealer training material
Develop Advance the long-range plan for service effectiveness on Polaris Connected Vehicles
- Grow the involvement of vehicle telemetric data within Polaris dealer service processes and daily workflows
- Track emerging connected and diagnostic vehicle technologies for applications within Polaris Service.
- As a high-performing member of Polaris Service,Obtain obtain an industry leading position in dealership service NPS scores.
- Responsible for special projects and reports for to maintaining a high-quality service reputation for Polarison Polaris products and for maintaining good customer relations.
- Work within the Technical Service and Warranty team to standardize service processes.
- Maintain comprehensive service knowledge of Polaris products.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent technical discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Working knowledge of telematics technologies
- Experience with powersports, automotive, and/or heavy power equipment diagnostics systems
- Familiar with CAN protocols, including UDS and J1939
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficient withat Excel and data presentation
- Project management experience
- Strong product and industry knowledge
- Customer contact and knowledge of retail service operations
- Strong mechanical background and practical experience
- General office environment, interacting with the engineering design & business unit team
- Significant interaction with dealers and customers
- Some Ttravel
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.