At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
- Complete understanding to operate and maintain Electro-Disposition Coating System.
- Operate, maintain, perform daily tests, and log results for Wastewater Treatment, RO and other production systems.
- Follow specific written and verbal procedures to ensure efficient operation of systems.
- Pre-production checks and start-up of systems (wastewater and paint).
- Follow written procedures for testing for Electro-Disposition Coating System.
- Titrate washer system and all gauge readings.
- Communicate effectively with outside vendors and personnel.
- Work with hazardous materials while following specific safety precautions, OSHA, DOT and EPA regulations. May require some work in Haz-Mat suit.
- Maintain appropriate inventory of chemicals and initiate raw material orders when necessary.
- Ensure a high quality product is produced in your area of job responsibility, by meeting all quality standards and taking appropriate action when necessary.
- Responsible for Powder Paint Room
- Coach, develop, motivate, and train employees to be efficient and productive.
- To have knowledge of, and ensure enforcement of, company policies, procedures and systems from all areas within the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- High School diploma or GED required. AA degree or specialized training preferred.
- Basic understanding of math and chemistry i.e., PH, conductivity, titrations, reagents.
- Posses visual and analytical trouble-shooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent people, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to follow Lock Out Tag Out procedures.
- Responsible, dependable and safety minded with ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime or “on-call”
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Working with hazardous materials and chemicals.
- Working in confined spaces.
- Will be required to wear the proper safety equipment and follow all safety guidelines.
- Work safety around moving equipment, power tools, and industrial vehicles
- Ability to bend, twist, turn, kneel, and squat.
- Ability to lift up 40 lbs., and push/pull 100lbs.
Polaris Huntsville Internal Promotion / Transfer Requirements:
- New Hires must have 1 year Continuous Service from Polaris Hire Date
- 6 Months Between Department Transfers or Promotions
- No Active Corrective Actions
- 3 or Less Attendance Occurrences in each Attendance Category
- Must have received a 'Meets Expectation' in most recent performance review, if applicable.
- Resume Required
- Interview Required
- If selected for the position, you are required to move into the position upon the effective date. If you are no longer interested in the position, you must withdraw prior to an offer being presented.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.