At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Title: Design Engineer – Engine Integration
Reports To: Team Lead, Motorcycles
As an Engine Integration Design Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the design process of Indian Motorcycle/On-Road related components and systems from concept to production to achieve the product objectives within a specified time. In this role, you will support the technical design, development, and validation of intake, exhaust, and cooling sub-systems.
• Design and develop industry leading motorcycles focusing on engine integration. Systems include but not limited to intake, exhaust, and cooling systems.
• Benchmark competitive designs.
• Design and develop a system to meet vehicle level targets.
• Work with system engineers, development engineers, and development technicians to support the definition of project goals and detailed system specifications.
• Establish a reasonable project development schedule from concept to production implementation in line with overall business requirements.
• Determine ideal component manufacturing route to ensure overall design, performance, and cost conformance.
• Communicate with vendors to leverage industry knowledge and develop DFM solutions.
• Generate CAD models, detailed drawings, and conduct the analysis required to support the subsystems through the release cycle.
• Analyze existing and new designs to identify and implement cost reduction opportunities.
• Create component and system design requirements and specifications.
• Organize and conduct design reviews to ensure adequate input and involvement from all engineering and functional groups.
2 © 2023 HRSG All rights reserved
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE :
• 2-5 years of related design experience; preferably working with intake, exhaust, or cooling systems in a related field (automotive, Agriculture, accessories, etc.).
• Understanding and basic knowledge of component manufacturing processes including casting, forging, machining, stamping, and complex plastic component molding preferred.
• Understands the fundamentals of heat transfer with preferred history in heat exchanger design.
• Understanding and/or experience using FEA / CFD software and data post-processing for systems optimization preferred.
• Extensive experience and proficiency with Pro-E/CREO and complex component design.
• Experience with complex system tradeoff analyses, troubleshooting, risk management (project & technical including but not limited to HARA, DFMEA, etc.) strongly preferred
• GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups
• Creation of original system requirements and specifications
• Exhibits outstanding interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written communication).
• Powersports riding experience (Motorcycle) strongly preferred.
• Understands and actively pursues the voice of the customer to exceed customer expectations.
• A passion for the mission, vision, and values of Polaris and Indian Motorcycles.
• Experience with detailed system specifications development preferred.
• Experience designing parts to strength, weight, and cost targets.
• Quality and customer-focused.
• Lab testing and data acquisition, and data analysis experience preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Quick learner with a high level of ambition and drive.
• Strong people skills, able to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
• Microsoft software including Excel, project, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.