Sr. Design EngineerBattle Ground, WA
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical design engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership and for performing activities pertaining to the planning, design, validation, manufacturing, and field support of mechanical components from concept to production implementation. Your primary area of focus will be on display/gauge, communication, and navigation systems for Polaris Off-Road and Motorcycle vehicles.
· Establishes a reasonable project development schedule from concept to production implementation in line with overall business requirements.
· Supports all design related component styling, purchasing and manufacturing issues with emphasis on quality, reliability, timely delivery, and cost.
· Determines ideal component manufacturing route to ensure overall design, performance, and cost conformance.
· Determines nature and type of electronic models, detail drawings, and analysis required to support the above and supervises their release through the release cycle.
· Coordinate and mentor designers and engineers within the team.
· Prepares preliminary sketches and/or schematic diagrams and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solution of engineering problems.
· Participates in design reviews on projects to ensure adequate input and involvement from all interested groups.
· Analyzes field problems and recommends possible solutions. •Assists in the preparation of the monthly project status report.
· Documentation and engineering release for Production.
· Manufacturing support of components and test fixtures.
· Ability to travel and visit key vendors.
· BS or MS in a related field with at least 7 years of relevant experience.
· Strong engineering aptitude and "can do" attitude
· Strong attention to detail with prioritization and follow-up skills.
· Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills with minimal supervision.
· Experience, and demonstrated success, working in a team-based environment.
The salary range for Washington is $89,000 to $116,000. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills, and geography.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.