Electric Vehicle Layout DesignerNovi, MI
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Role of EV Layout Designer:
This position will be two-fold, consisting of pre-development and broad system level layout and design, as well as responsibility for creating and coordinating the quality of vehicle level master models. This individual will work closely with program architect and system engineers throughout the development of the program (concept – production) to develop visual and spatial CAD representation of platform design. Responsibilities will include subsystem component arrangement and design as required for given program step, incorporating own ideas and team generated requirements and concepts into PTC Creo. While doing so, individual will strive to remain current with and enforce latest drafting standards and conventions for drawings and CAD driven Bills of Material.
- Owns coordination of platformed systems master model creation, frequently checking platformed sub-systems across planned product variants.
- Ensures all submissions to the master model are adhering to internal best practices and standards as to minimize confusion and design errors across the broad group of users.
- Work closely with Vehicle Architects to develop designs and full vehicle CAD assemblies. Will work in a lead role to provide guidance and assign tasks to outside design support.
- Analyzes design options, confers with necessary staff to identify, and resolve system interferences and details not completely defined; and/or generates design concepts with layout indicating alternative designs and recommended solutions.
- Creates and executes complex design, drafting, and module drawings in accordance with engineering specifications.
- Provide CAD support for PDP (Product Development Process) requirements and reviews and be familiar with PDP development toolsets that drive completeness, clarity, and scope.
- Ensures integrity of the CAD data for platformed sub-systems – Chunnel naming conventions, proper regeneration without failures, layout structure. Network with sub-system owners to ensure weight properties are up to date in advance of milestone reviews.
- Determines creation of vehicle reference planes and datum control and ensures subsystem engineers accurately utilize this so their production drawings are dimensioned, and tolerances are consistently applied against design intent of part and manufacturing process capabilities.
- Be a champion of the customer and a student of consumer insights. Grow familiar with the consumer experience and the product to inform and enhance the value of your role.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Two- or four-year degree in mechanical drafting, design technology, engineering, or engineering technology
- Minimum of 7 years’ design/design engineering/drafting experience, Electric Vehicle and Automotive or Powersports related experience in a model-year based production environment a plus
- Experience designing for or working with High Voltage electric vehicle components and general knowledge of their functional contribution
- Broad part design and manufacturing experience with castings, injection molding, plastic, tube design, complex stampings, and small mechanicals.
- Extensive experience with CREO modeling software and Windchill Enterprise Data Manager
- Proven as a creative and innovative contributor of unique and plausible design solutions that support key platform objectives, often drawing inspiration from a wide variety of products and experiences
- Microsoft software including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, and cloud-based file sharing
- Working Knowledge of GD&T per ANSI/ASME Y14.5
- Has aptitude and desire for hands on work in lab or development shop environment, and shows willingness to support outside of duties listed herein
- Values and builds rapport with stakeholders on both end of engineering operations, taking ownership of product and team success
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.