Plant PlannerSpirit Lake, IA
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Using MRP/CRP/MAPICS/AS400 and other PC skills, the Plant Planner is responsible for inventory control. This includes identifying materials to expedite to meet production schedules and expected delivery dates.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform cycle counts for inventory accuracy, reconcile results, and ensure stop-gap actions are in place to prevent reoccurrence
- Liaises with Central Planners to locate parts and expedite work
- Performs cycle counts of materials and documents discrepancies on a routine basis
- Helps to identify root causes of inventory discrepancies and suggest ways to improve or correct the issues
- Provide internal customer support
- Run daily shortage report and take needed action for resolution
- Analyzing inventory for opportunity to improve turns and identify excess
- Coordinate effectivity date changes and submit deviation requests
- Assist Central Planners in resolving invoice discrepancies
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Knowledge
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- 1-3 years previous planning/inventory control experience
- Knowledge of MRP systems
- Must have current PC/software proficiency including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access & Outlook) and AS400
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage and be efficient with multiple tasks
- Two or four year college degree
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.