Sr. Sourcing LeadBrooklyn Park, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As a Sr. Sourcing Lead – Strategic Value Improvement, you will be responsible for sourcing strategy development and implementation for assigned categories in alignment with the broader long-term category vision. You will also lead cross-functional teams to achieve optimal results.
You will work closely with Category Sourcing, Operations, Engineering, Product Development and Legal to support developing robust, multi-year sourcing strategies and recommend category specific Approved Supplier List (ASL).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES :
- Represent the organization in providing solutions to difficult and/or complex issues. Frequent interorganizational and external contact.
- Present and recommend category strategies through all levels of the organization
- Informally or formally mentor others.
- Identify and vet new suppliers and collaboratively with category sourcing establish relationships to ensure sufficient communication and alignment between the suppliers and Polaris.
- Play critical role in site visits, negotiations, and competitive market analysis to secure contractual commitments to achieve longer-term cost savings and technology requirements.
- Determine supplier capability and fit based on inputs from category sourcing and other cross-functional teams such as Engineering and Product Management.
- Align with cross-functional stakeholders to recommend new potential suppliers for Approved Supplier List (ASL).
- Lead contract negotiations and implementations such as MSAs and MOUs (to be signed by Purchasing Manager or above).
- Foster collaborative relationship with category sourcing on strategy development and supplier relationships.
- Collaborate with category sourcing on the implementation of the strategies that support plans and goals.
- Assist in establishing the multi-year vision for the commodity taking into account input from the internal customers, purchasing goals, risk, future growth plans, and broader supply chain strategy.
- Support category sourcing with implementation of cost reductions, and projects on an as needed basis.
- Support analysis of purchased commodities and perform supplier risk assessments.
- Support supplier on-boarding and exit plans as needed.
Sourcing Priority Management:
- Support category teams in both short and long-term initiatives for assigned categories to align with budget and LRP commitments.
- Analyze supplier’s adherence to contracts and performance commitments for assigned categories to ensure suppliers are meeting Polaris’s requirements.
- Primary internal contact regarding contract management, supplier relationship management, and strategic sourcing.
Other Duties as Assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or technical area
- APICS CPIM and/or ISM C.P.M./A.P.P. desired.
- 6+ years of purchasing, sourcing, or relevant experience (sales, engineering, etc.) required. Cross functional project management and/or commodity management experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Proven track record of strong, effective leadership.
- High level of critical thinking and analysis to resolve high impact, complex, and/or cross department problems.
- Effective negotiation, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication within team and cross-functionally.
- Effective time-management, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills.
- Functional knowledge of engineering documentation, manufacturing process control, and technical data.
- Advanced knowledge of supply contracts with domestic and international suppliers.
- Advanced knowledge of commodity markets, with capability to analyze data and develop strategies that incorporate macroeconomic indicators.
- Experienced in presentation abilities, including PowerPoint development. Expected to present to operations which may include executive leadership.
- Knowledge of project management tools and ability to assist in tasks assigned by Project Managers.
- Fast-paced office environment.
- 10-15% travel required, including international travel (Europe and SE Asia primarily)
Global, purchasing, commodity, strategy, category, buyer, procurement, sourcing, operations
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.