Sr. Plant HR Generalist - 2nd shift
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coaches managers and supervisors on employee relations and disciplinary issues
- Conducts interviews to assist supervisors and managers in the candidate selection process
- Assists in the development of orientation plans and training for new employees
- Assists in the identification and development of high-potential employees
- Assists employees and managers with benefit and compensation questions
- Coordinates compensation planning and performance management for client groups
- Ensures consistent enforcement of company policies and procedures
- Provides training and communication to employees on HR programs, benefits and processes
- Handles employee complaints, advises on problems, and recommends disciplinary actions
- Counsels employees regarding duties, career development, benefits programs, policies and other employment related issues
- Conducts exit interviews and processes required termination paperwork
- Works with management to facilitate change, lead initiatives, and manage projects
- Participates on various business or human resources teams as needed by department or company
- Tracks, maintains, and monitors data and provides necessary reports as needed
- Develops and implements recruitment and staffing strategies
- Manages recruiting process for professional exempt and non-exempt hiring
- Four year degree in Human Resources or related field; SPHR or PHR and M.A. in related field
- 5+ years experience in Human Resources
- 3+ years HR experience in a Plant/Manufacturing setting
- Experience with an HRIS system-based software
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- High integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work well at all levels of the organization
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Strong problem solving ability with prioritization and attention to detail
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.