VIP Development TechnicianWyoming, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Central Value Improvement Process (VIP) Engineering team is searching for a Technician to support with Design to Value (DTV) exercises. In this role you will perform benchmarking activities and whole vehicle teardowns. You will work directly with Program Leaders to support various projects within all GBUs to provide needed information gathered through teardown activities. The ideal candidate will be motivated and capable of collecting and organizing data that will be used by a variety of teams.
- Creative and effective analysis of Polaris and Competitive vehicles
- Self-motivated, can follow instructions and gels easily with a team
- Ability to disassemble and reassemble powersports vehicles with attention to detail and ability to document
- Knowledge of various part production methods used on powersports vehicles; examples include fabrication, machining, welding, castings, injection molding, electrical, etc.
- Knowledge of various systems used on powersports vehicles; examples include electrical, lighting, frames, suspension, brakes, fuel, powertrain, driveline, wheels, etc.
- May do evaluation tests on vehicles or sub-systems as needed
- Work safely in all aspects of product development and testing, following policies and OSHA requirements
- Strong record keeping and report generation capable of documenting process findings
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Maintain a clean work area
- Provide detailed ideas to improve quality, introduce new technologies and cost reduce different Polaris products
- Responsible for utilizing digital products used by Polaris for idea generation and documentation
- Responsible for updating Competitive Intelligence database
- Assist in organizing parts review workshops for cross functional teams inside Polaris
- Organize and label parts to be stored in an “easy to find” manner
- Thoroughly document all parts removed from vehicle including part numbers, data collection and photographing
- Required valid motorcycle endorsement with on-road motorcycle riding experience
- Required education- 2 year degree in technical field (ie: automotive, small engines, powersports, mechanical, engineering)
- Computer skills required – digital photography, Microsoft Office suite
- Good self-starter, willing to work overtime as needed
- Able to communicate professionally
- Able to drive project to timely completion
- Capable of reading blueprints (understanding basic measurements)
- Capable of using different measuring tools such as calipers, ultrasonic sensors and XRF guns to provide accurate data
- Experience with operation of off-road vehicles such as ATV, Rangers, or RZRs
- Experience with operation of snowmobiles
- Fork lift operating certification
- Preferred experience includes some time in a dealership setting
- Qualifications in GD&T or similar print tolerance processes
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.