Electrical Systems Integration Design EngineerMonterrey
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Responsible for executing robust electrical routed system harness designs, complex component placement, vehicle level planning, design, validation, manufacturing, and field support of worldwide off-road electrical systems to support design implementation into production. The primary area of focus will be on Polaris Off-Road vehicles with involvement on other Polaris products as required.
- Close collaboration with the electrical design architect and systems engineer to grasp the desired physical strategy for a vehicle electrical system and then proceed to execute it in the CAD realm.
- Responsible for ownership and directing activities for the electrical system in CAD, including finalizing component placement, routing harnesses, and developing interfaces with other systems.
- Participates in collaborative design reviews on projects to ensure adequate input and involvement from all interested groups.
- Assists in the design of brackets, features, interfaces, and other mechanical components to achieve successful component placement and harness routings.
- Ownership of all bolted joints and any other mechanical attributes related to the electrical system.
- Actively manage design release deadlines and release activities, including the ability to identify and prioritize the appropriate tasks when there are competing priorities
- Assist with developing and managing the electrical system variant strategy that will support varying feature levels and PG&A needs on vehicle platforms
- Actively engages with the Manufacturing team to ensure robust manufacturability of the electrical system
- Actively engages with the Validation and Field Support teams to resolve validation or customer issues and work to resolution
- Actively engages with Project teams to manage vehicle electrical system timelines and Bill-Of-Materials
- Collaborate with electrical suppliers to develop new designs, processes, and support Design-For-Manufacturing activity
- Assists with the development and implementation of requirements management related to electrical design.
- Provides mechanical design support for new electrical component development.
- Assists with creating and maintaining design specifications.
- Performs other miscellaneous electrical design assignments as required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. or higher in an accredited Engineering curriculum (Electrical, Mechanical, Robotics or Mechatronic)
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Minimum 1 year design experience in a related field
- Experience in new product design and development
- Proficiency with MCAD required. Prior experience with ECAD preferred but not required. Prefer previous Creo and Mentor Capital Harness experience.
- Basic understanding of electrical fundamentals
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience with the routing of cables and flexible components desired. Superior technical knowledge as demonstrated by academic or on-the-job experience and broad practical experience in design.
- Attention to detail while managing significant complexity on multiple concurrent programs
- Takes a hands-on approach in product development – continuously working to correlate designs with real-life performance and function.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and quickly work towards issue resolution
- Decisive and prone to action – self starter
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
- Ability to delegate work to supporting team members (domestic and international) who will support design and drafting activities
- Some travel required (up to 20%) to support vehicle builds and interface with suppliers (US and International)
- Fast-paced office and lab environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.