Dir, LeanMedina, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Lean Director (Corporate Operations)
Develop, lead, and facilitate our Polaris Lean transformation activities, practices, principles and philosophies for the Polaris Production System (PPS). Champion and provide leadership, coaching & development, training, knowledge management and support to achieve “World Class” operational performance by improving processes, eliminating waste, and optimizing flow across our global operations plant network and supply chain functions. Develop the culture and align leaders to accelerate PPS and general supply chain improvements for the business.
Location: Medina, MN
Job Level: Director
- Develop systems to sustain and continuously improve the Polaris Production System
- Lead PPS Steering Team and global LEAN Manager Council.
- Guide, coach, and train team members on PPS implementation.
- Serve as a LEAN resource, champion, and subject matter expert.
- Create & perform enterprise-wide training on lean manufacturing tools including kaizen, value stream mapping, problem solving 5S, material flow, SMED, etc.
- Create and audit PPS processes/standards for sites & functions.
- Facilitate & manage multiple Kaizen events and train/coach/mentor other team members in facilitation.
- Guides manufacturing training team to deliver consistent impact & performance across sites
Experience & Skills
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in LEAN manufacturing process with a proven track record of delivering results.
- Proven ability to lead change and motivate at all levels within the organization
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/initiatives with budget limits and time constraints.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of problem-solving tools/methods
- Expertise in lean manufacturing and continuous improvement principles and the strategic application of appropriate tools - demonstrated ability to use and effectively instruct in the proper use of Lean principles such as value stream mapping, Goal Deployment, kaizen 5S
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects / initiatives within budget limits and time constraints.
- Proven ability to lead change and motivate at all levels within the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of problem-solving tools / methods.
- Lean or 6 sigma certifications a plus
- Strong communication, facilitation, and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or a related field required
- Masters (MBA, Operations or equivalent) preferred
Holding yourself and others to high standards of accountability and creating an infrastructure and transparent corporate culture that supports and measures personal and organizational responsibility and accountability.
Creating a welcoming environment that encourages different perspectives and new ideas, building a culture of curiosity, openness, and creativity across the organization and the wider community.
Collaborating with Others
Working together with others in a cooperative and supportive manner to achieve shared goals.
Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent that meet or exceed standard expectations.
Customer Value Management
Developing customer value plans to create value for sales opportunities through effective communications and thorough knowledge of customers and markets.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.