At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Builds and develops a strong manufacturing site leadership team and a strong HR function. Creates Human Resources policies and procedures to support the workforce, ensuring consistency with other plant locations. Leads talent management, staffing, engagement, employee relations, as well as compensation and benefits programs for the site. Assures compliance with all Mexican laws relating to employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Business partner and advisor to Plant Director, Managers and Supervisors to support execution of business goals and objectives.
- Maintain visibility and active presence on plant floor and in plant leadership meetings, providing daily support and communication.
- Talent manager for site salaried team, including identification of talent needs, organizational design, and talent acquisition with the end game of building world class teams with bench strength.
- Partner with COE / Corporate HR teams to ensure HR functional excellence in core processes such as compensation and benefits administration, talent acquisition, and organizational development.
- Responsible for administration of Performance Management process at the plant location.
- Manages compensation program to company guidelines.
- Reviews salary changes, updates annual pay structure and administers salary budgeting program.
- Administers employee benefits programs and communication for the site, as well as Cafeteria, Transportation and EE’s Services.
- Owns staffing, recruitment and placement for hourly and salary population at the site. Drives improvement throughout processes.
- Maintains site employee policies and procedures; keeps current with regards to HR trends, as well as employment law changes.
- Leads site employee relations strategy. Handles employee concerns, advises on problems, and recommends disciplinary actions. Counsels employees on career development, benefits programs, policies and other employment related issues.
- Leads employee engagement, Wellness and communications initiatives for the manufacturing site.
- Leading the Great Place to Work Strategy and Polaris Production System – Org Design Element.
- Continually supports and challenges leadership team to effectively communicate with workforce.
- Represents Polaris in the community regarding Human Resources and community relations activities.
- Responsible for development of site HR team and talent.
- Manages site HR budget, in partnership with Finance.
- Dealing with Unions on site.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Relations, HR, Business Administration or equivalent required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Five to eight years’ experience in Human Resources Management required.
- Experience in dealing with Major Active Unions and CBA.
- Strong English Communication Skills – Spoken, Written and Read.
- Experience working in an industrial manufacturing environment of 3,000+ employees.
- Proficiency with TRESS and MS Office Suite; including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Word, etc.
- Intellectually curious, fast learner, willingness to accept new challenges.
- High-Level Knowledge of Mexican Labor Law (LFT), Mexican Tax Law and Social Security (IMSS).
- Confident thought leader and decision maker with courage to challenge others.
- Results driven individual capable of high level of execution.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be willing to relocate for career advancement.
- Standard office environment; required to spend time on manufacturing plant floor which includes walking / standing as needed.
- Manufacturing Environment required.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.