Electrical Systems Staff DesignerWyoming, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
We are looking for a talented Electrical Systems Staff Designer to provide expert technical leadership and process guidance for the ORV Electrical Design Team.
Day to day, this person will be responsible for executing robust electrical routed system harness designs with complex component placement. They will provide vehicle level planning, design, validation, manufacturing, and field support of worldwide off-road electrical systems to support design implementation into production. The primary area of focus will be on Polaris Off-Road vehicles with involvement on other Polaris products.
1. Responsible for collaborating with the ORV Electrical Design Team and the broader Polaris Electrical Design teams to develop and document new standards and processes
2. Provide admin support for existing Electrical Design toolchains and support the development of new toolchain(s)
3. Serve as the electrical liaison to the CAD user group
4. Provide leadership and governance for the Polaris electrical parts library
5. Lead the identification and implementation of alternate parts and/or other activities as needed to support vehicle production
6. Lead and/or participate in collaborative design reviews on all ORV projects
7. Coordinate with the ORV Electrical Design Team supervisor to on-board new employees
8. Collaborate with electrical vendors to develop new designs, processes, and support Design-For-Manufacturing activity
9. Provide design support for new electrical components
10. Some travel required to support vehicle builds and interface with suppliers (US and International)
11. Lead the electrical design activities for minor and major vehicle programs, including the following responsibilities
- a. Collaborate with the Platform Electrical Systems Engineer to provide ownership and direct activities for the electrical system in CAD, including finalizing component placement, routing harnesses, and developing interfaces with other systems
- b. Assists in the design of brackets, features, interfaces, and other mechanical components to achieve successful component placement and harness routings
- c. Ownership of all bolted joints and any other mechanical attributes related to the electrical system
- d. Meets project design release deadlines, including the ability to identify and prioritize the appropriate tasks when there are competing priorities
- e. Assist with developing and managing the electrical system variant strategy that will support varying feature levels and PG&A needs on vehicle platforms
- f. Manage electrical design release activities
- g. Actively engages with the Manufacturing team to ensure robust manufacturability of the electrical system
- h. Actively engages with the Validation and Field Support teams to resolve validation or customer issues and work to resolution
- i. Actively engages with Project teams to manage vehicle electrical system timelines and Bill-Of-Materials
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 15 + years of design experience
- Exhibit a thorough understanding and deep technical knowledge of Off-Road vehicles and their use cases
- Proficiency with MCAD and ECAD; and previous Creo and Mentor Capital Harness experience
- Significant experience with the routing of cables and flexible components; superior technical knowledge as demonstrated by academic or on-the-job experience and broad practical experience in design
- Ability to create accurate designs in CAD that seamlessly translate to real-life physical parts that fit as intended
- Basic understanding of electrical fundamentals
- Significant experience in new product design and development
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail while managing significant complexity on multiple concurrent programs
- Ability to take a hands-on approach in product development – continuously working to correlate designs with real-life performance and function
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and quickly work towards issue resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners
- Ability to delegate work to supporting team members (domestic and international) who will support design and drafting activities
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.