Design Engineer - Doors and EnclosuresWyoming, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Design Engineer will be responsible for establishing specifications and leading the design, development, and validation of Polaris Ranger doors & enclosures (doors, windows, front/rear windshield, roof, misc. cabin components) from concept to production. In this role you will be collaborating with program architects, subject matter experts, and product management to define key deliverables, create and execute industry-leading designs that align with sourcing plans. Additionally, you will work with operations to develop and execute manufacturing strategies that ensure production success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and develop door and enclosure components
- Create and maintain original specifications, DFMEA, and DVP&R
- Own and manage door and enclosure development plans from concept through purchasing and manufacturing ensuring the components meet specifications and build dates
- Ensure designs are meeting the safety, quality, reliability, development schedule, and cost goals set forth by the whole goods and accessory product planning groups
- Support validation and manufacturing strategies for all enclosure sub-system variants from concept through production
- Determine ideal component manufacturing methods to ensure overall design, performance, and cost goals are met
- Collaborate with designers and engineers inside and outside of the Ranger Product Line team
- Prepare preliminary sketches, layout, and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solutions of engineering problems
- Complete design tasks in the Polaris Release System and ensure their timely release
- Work closely with vendors for the development of new accessory offerings
- Lead and participates in design reviews on assigned project to ensure adequate input and involvement
- Analyze field problems and determine corrective actions
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering degree
- 3-5 years related design or system engineering experience
- Proven track record of successfully leading product from concept to production
- Strong mechanical aptitude with desire to drive vehicles for development and testing purposes
- GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups, fit & finish
- Experience with a 3-D CAD modeling package required, CREO preferred
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) package preferred
- Experience using PTC Windchill Product Lifecycle Management software preferred
- Self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Quick learner with high level of ambition and drive
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to work in a team environment and delegate work as needed.
- Ability to work with and travel to domestic and international technology partners
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.