Controls Systems EngineerWyoming, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris is seeking a Controls Systems Engineer to join our dynamic and fast paced Vehicle, Electronics and Software (VES) organization.
As a Controls Systems Engineer, you will be a pivotal member of our team; designing, developing, and specifying, software and hardware aspects of our Electronic Control Units (ECUs). The Controls Systems Engineer ensures feature level integration considerations are specified and implemented appropriately across the wide portfolio of vehicles that the ECUs are inserted into.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for translating feature system level desires into designing component level software and hardware requirements for an embedded system into a requirements management tool that accurately reflects the needs and wants of the business while also accounting for the defined system constraint interfaces.
- Ensures overall technical execution for their system is meeting vehicle expectations.
- Interacts with internal cross functional Polaris teams such as program management as needed to ensure ECU features and design with vehicle functionality is compatible.
- Works closely with external suppliers and ensures the technical deliverables and milestones of the supplier are completed as required.
- Assists upstream stakeholders with ways their individual controller systems and features can be platformed and designed in such a way for maximum reuse and efficiencies across the product portfolio.
- Demonstrates coordination between internal and external stakeholders.
- Troubleshoots electrical/electronic systems when issues arise.
- Other duties as required.
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- B.S. Engineering Degree required.
- 2+ years of professional experience (Within consumer product engineering is preferred) as a full-time or contract employee desired.
- This role is open to all candidates regardless of experience; responsibility and compensation will be commensurate to experience and proficiency.
- Experience with design and/or implementation of embedded controls preferred.
- Experience performing requirements documentation within a formal requirements management tool strongly desired.
- Experience with software and/or hardware V&V efforts including MIL/SIL/HIL, other low-level software verification, and related documentation preferred.
- Experience with communication networks required; vehicle communication networks such as CAN,J1939, and UDS strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced development environment required.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.