Engineer, Manufacturing Sr.Monterrey
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Responsible for establishing and implementing the most cost efficient methods for production. Supports product development cycle by working intimately with the design groups to insure timely completion of projects within budget and seek out, evaluate, and coordinate new manufacturing friendly processes for incorporation into Polaris products resulting in higher quality, lower cost, and increased value for the consumer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Attends project status meetings and design reviews for the respective product line(s) focusing on reduction of parts, commonality and ease of assembly. Advises design on lead times, part and tooling cost impacts, and the impact on labor costs for all new designs. Assists with the definition of internal process limitations as well as design limitations with the assistance of Quality Engineering.
2. Research new process/manufacturing technology and coordinate procurement and implementation into manufacturing.
3. Develops and updates process documentation and procedure instructions.
4. Conducts direct labor studies using acceptable engineering practices and establishes standards on operations, set up, and work station layout.
5. Reviews preliminary product designs. Assists in making recommendations to reduce costs and improve manufacturability and quality on new or existing parts.
6. Reviews and evaluates the sourcing of parts pertaining to the production unit. Recommends alternative sourcing where appropriate.
7. Analyzes and evaluates manufacturing methods and standards problems. Provides solutions that adversely affect costs, operator safety, productivity and quality.
8. Identifies areas of unnecessary cost, and researches methods and procedures for cost reductions.
9. Assists in the coordination of detailed, complete, and accurate capital equipment studies. Makes appropriate recommendations for capital expenditures.
10. Work with the project engineers to develop estimates of part costs and tooling as well as make recommendations on material and processes for internal components.
11. Assists manufacturing engineering supervisor and manufacturing team with the development, justification, and execution of long range plans to meet corporate objectives.
12. Recognize current production problems and address in new design development.
13. Assist in development of capital budgets and expense budgets.
14. Special duties assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
1. B.S. degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Technology
2. 7+ years manufacturing experience. Lean Manufacturing knowledge.
3. Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
4. Excellent verbal and written skills required.
5. Proficiency with PC's (MS Office) and CAD software.
6. Excellent mechanical aptitude and mechanic skills.
7. Strong Project Management skills.
8. Desire to work on, ride, and improve industry-leading Powersports products.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.