Project Engineer (Motorcycles)Wyoming, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As a Project Engineer with Indian Motorcycle, you will be responsible for ensuring that the performance goals are met for the assigned program(s). This will also include Bill of Material (BOM) cost, budget management tracking and scheduling activities for early stage platform development of electric vehicles.
- Manage early stage electrification programs with significant financial investment
- Establish a reasonable project development schedule in line with overall business requirements
- Track project and vehicle cost in detail and complete forecasting exercises
- Develop and maintain project schedules, budgets, and resource allocation plans
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to engineering team, ensuring that all project objectives are met within budget and schedule constraints
- Participate in design and development of EV components and systems, ensuring that they meet performance, reliability, and safety requirements
- Identify and resolve technical issues, making recommendations for improvements where necessary
- Communicate project status and progress to stakeholders, including project team members and upper management
- Maintain project documentation, including design documents, test reports, and project meeting minutes
- Drives issue resolution amongst the design and systems engineering teams in order to keep assigned project(s) on schedule
- Benchmark competitive design/processes/materials and function
- Utilize the Polaris product development process
- Provide direction, coordination, and design trade-offs for designers within the team
- Lead and participate in design reviews on projects to ensure adequate input and involvement from all engineering and functional groups
Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with electrification of vehicles
- 3-5+ years experience in automotive, agriculture, or consumer product engineering
- Possess and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects.
- Skilled in multitasking and handling many tasks at once
- 3D modeling experience (Creo preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Exhibits outstanding interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written communication)
- A passion for the mission, vision, and values of Polaris and Indian Motorcycles
- Achievement Orientation: Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent that meet or exceed standard expectations
- Collaborating with Others: Working together with others in a cooperative and supportive manner to achieve shared goals
- Customer Value Management: Developing customer value plans to create value for sales opportunities through effective communications and thorough knowledge of customers and markets
- Nurturing Innovation: Creating a welcoming environment that encourages different perspectives and new ideas, building a culture of curiosity, openness, and creativity across the organization and the wider community
- Ensuring Accountability: Holding yourself and others to high standards of accountability, and creating an infrastructure and transparent corporate culture that supports and measures personal and organizational responsibility and accountability
- Fast-paced working environment
- Up to 10-20% travel is associated with this role
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.