Production Manager - 2nd ShiftHuntsville, AL
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This position has primary responsibility for production operations, integration of new product development and setting high standards for productivity improvements. The Production Manager will provide leadership to an operations team of supervisors, technical staff, and production team members to deliver world class business results in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, and cost. This position will work closely with all plant personnel in achieving the objective of zero injuries and 100% compliance. Demonstrate strong leadership and excellent communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan production activities toward the accomplishment of corporate objectives. Identifies and recommends production objectives and capital investment plans.
- Establishes and manages departmental budget and assists in the development of specific short and long range plans and goals. Develops methods of improvements in current production practices to promote efficiency and lower costs.
- Provide leadership to an operations team of supervisors, technical staff and production team members to deliver world class business results in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Coach/mentor for Supervisors, Manufacturing Engineers, and Process Techs & Leads. Develop a pipeline of talent to meet the future needs of the business.
- Coordinates the activities of the production group to best utilize personnel. Provides training for departmental personnel and assists in the selection of employees. Authorizes overtime and conducts performance evaluations.
- Work collaboratively with supply chain, purchasing and other production departments to reach business goals.
- Key team member integrated with New Product Development Team & responsible for smooth production launches.
- Direct the production of component parts and products efficiently within established specifications for quality and volume with an emphasis on employee safety.
- Familiar with new technologies in the Industry and recommends application to the company's products.
- Provides guidance in the resolution of employee conflicts and recommends corrective action when necessary.
- Reviews and recommends changes to master production schedule to best enhance productivity.
- Coordinates studies and projects for improvements in processes, equipment, and cost reductions.
- Maintains compliance with government regulations, company policy, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices.
- Supervises the justification, purchase and installation of capital equipment for new product, cost reduction, expansion or replacement.
- Assists in the development of long-range goals and objectives.
- Work to achieve 5% cost reduction per year for department.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- BS Degree in Industrial, Mechanical Engineering, or Business.
- MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years’ experience in manufacturing management of specified area, including manufacturing engineering, lean methods and processes, supervision and/or sourcing of components/products used in area of responsibility.
- Proven leadership performance with solid technical leadership and familiarity of systems
- Strategic thinker with the ability to be hands-on in the operation.
- A seasoned and knowledgeable manufacturing background who has led in manufacturing production environments. Deep Lean Manufacturing skillsets with proven results. Has built cultures based on continuous improvement, benchmarking and employee engagement.
- Prefer experience and background in welding, paint and/or assembly operations.
- Previous shop floor and/or technical leadership/supervisory experience.
- Strong project management and problem solving skills required.
- Lean and/or Six Sigma certification a plus.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Office and manufacturing environment.
- Some travel (<20%) required.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.