EHS SpecialistCuyahoga Falls, OH
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Ensures compliance with internal and external EHS regulatory requirements including local, state and federal requirements. Helps lead site implementation of Polaris enterprise-wide Environmental, Health and Safety policies, procedures and initiatives. Promotes cross-site best practice sharing and participates on enterprise-wide EHS project teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands, implements and ensures compliance with all applicable Environmental, Health, Safety and Security regulations, Polaris objectives, policies and procedures
- Plans and coordinates safety and environmental training programs; prepares materials; coordinates, schedules and presents training classes; evaluates program effectiveness. (e.g. Hazard Communication, Lock Out Tag Out, Hazardous Waste Management, Storm Water Management, etc.)
- Conducts routine safety and environmental inspections and audits; ensures compliance with internal and external regulatory standards, corrects on-the-spot violations; informs department of findings, recommends corrective or preventative measures, and performs follow-up inspections
- Ensures compliance with hazardous waste laws and monitors the waste removal process
- Ensures periodic monitoring / sampling of materials as required by environmental laws and permits (i.e. emissions testing, water discharge sampling, solid waste profile sampling, etc.)
- Assists with ergonomic assessments and provides support and advice for the continuous improvement of job processes to reduce the risk of cumulative trauma disorders
- Leads incident investigations to identify root cause of unplanned incidents and ensures corrective action measures are executed in a timely manner.
- Proactively investigates near misses and analyzes EHS reports and facility statistics for trends and patterns to identify potential improvement opportunities.
- Monitors local EHS regulatory developments and implements appropriate response programs
- Serves as a resource on facility wide issues related to personnel and asset safety, EHS compliance, emergency action planning and site security
- Prepares and maintains required EHS documentation and reports including safety data sheets, environmental permit applications and routine monitoring reports to regulatory agencies (e.g., Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans, Spill Control Plans, Discharge Monitoring Reports, Incident Logs etc.)
- Reviews capital projects, new equipment and processes assure compliance with safety and environmental requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Communication skills; written and oral - Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
- Influencing and Relationship Building Skills – Ability to utilize organizational knowledge to build relationships, exercise influence and lead change in order to meet EHS objectives
- EHS External Partnering/Negotiation Skills – Ability to build relationships and negotiate effectively with external stakeholders
- In-depth knowledge of machine guarding and ability to apply knowledge to a wide variety of equipment including automation/robotics
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, engineering or related field required
- 3+ years of experience in an industrial health, safety and environmental role in a manufacturing setting is required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.