Admin, IT SystemsBangalore
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
TITLE: Admin, IT Systems
LOCATION: Bangalore, India
REPORTS TO: Harish Chengama
The System Administrator is responsible for the Windows Server, VMware and shared storage environments which includes administering and supporting these core infrastructure services. In addition, this individual will also be responsible for assisting the application, database and developer teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform Incident, Change and Alert Management
• Administer datacenter and branch office server/virtualization/storage infrastructures
• Plan, recommend and implement changes and enhancements to the server/virtualization/storage infrastructures
• Configure new and existing technology solutions according to best practices
• Manage existing technology solutions to ensure they are secured, available and performing optimally
• Assess projects, prioritize tasks, provide time estimates, and complete tasks in a timely manner while communicating changes and updates.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and issue resolution.
• Self-motivated, proactive, independent, and responsive - requires little supervisory attention
• Maintains up-to-date documentation and follows best practices in application and system environments
• Adhere to and promote existing ITIL processes and standard procedures
• Develop standards and processes for Level 1 and Level 2 staff
• Provide remote support for our global operations
• Identity the scope for SLCP’s
• This position will require participation in a rotating on-call schedule for 24x7 global support.
• Support hours – 24x5
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience is required.
• 3 - 5 years of corporate IT experience as a Systems Administrator.
• Experience administering and supporting global Microsoft Windows Active Directory networks including Directory Services, DNS, DHCP, DFS, GPO and Security.
• Experience in Installing, Upgrading, Supporting Windows Server operating systems including Windows 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019 and 2022 with a focus/expertise on Windows Server 2019/2022
• Monitoring, Supporting and Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Server operating systems using technologies such as SCOM(Microsoft System Center Operations Manager)
• Patch Deployments and Application Deployments to Microsoft Windows Server operating systems using technologies such as SCCM (Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager / Configuration EndPoint Manager)
• Configuration and maintenance of infrastructure systems and applications with a focus on HP and Cisco server hardware, VMware, NetApp, Citrix, Azure/Microsoft Office 365, Nutanix and others.
• Experience developing PowerShell scripts for administration tasks
• Exposure to Asset Management (Hardware & Software)
• Azure experience, including Azure Active Directory will be considered a strong asset but is not mandatory
• Strong communication skills, very strong English-speaking skills.
• Experience working with Global teams
• Maintains and continuously builds upon technical knowledge within areas of expertise
• Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education.
• Experience with ServiceNow ticketing system for ITIL tracking within the enterprise
• Ability to quickly learn new technologies as required.
• Microsoft certifications / VCP preferred
• Standard office environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.