Spec, Sourcing IMonterrey
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES :
- Conduct business within established supplier relationships.
- Identify and communicate internally any supplier concerns or opportunities. Support cost recovery initiatives.
- Support problem resolution discussions with suppliers and ensure the adequacy and timeliness of supplier correction action plans.
- Enter cost changes, assign selected suppliers, and support sourcing projects.
- Prepare and solicit requests for quotes and proposals based on the defined commodity strategy.
- Coordinate and communicate new component releases and design changes with suppliers.
- Provide research and input in order for the commodity leader can assess supplier capability and fit.
- Ensure tooling is appropriate based on cost and quality requirements. Negotiate tooling cost with global suppliers.
Sourcing Priority Management:
- Maintain current costing and communicate cost opportunities when identified. Work with suppliers to resolve price and invoice discrepancies.
- Support supplier quality function in determining root cause, necessary containment and counter measure activities for quality related issues.
- Monitor and drive supplier performance for assigned categories to ensure suppliers are meeting Polaris requirements for quality and delivery.
- Help support part shortages and delivery issues when necessary.
- Support supplier lead-times and production capacity improvement initiatives to ensure schedule flexibility, as needed.
Other Duties as Assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or technical area
- APICS CPIM and/or ISM C.P.M./A.P.P. desired.
- Previous materials/purchasing experience is a plus but is not required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Effective negotiation, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication within team and cross-functionally.
- Highly organized and effective in managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to professionally represent Polaris by developing productive working relationships with suppliers.
- Capable of reading and interpreting engineering documentation and technical data.
- Fundamental knowledge of MAPICS MRP and web-based business systems desired.
- Experienced in presentation abilities, including PowerPoint development. Expected to present to smaller audiences on occasion.
- Knowledge of Project Management tools and ability to assist in tasks assigned by Project Managers.
- Fast-paced office environment.
- 5-25% travel may be required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.